❦Part 10:New Style ❦

I stood awkwardly behind the door watching the most peculiar scene unfold before my very own two eyes. And at first I thought that perhaps I had finally lost it and that I was seeing things, but I blinked a few times and realised that that was most definitely not the case.

I watched as Chihiro and Xolani had what appeared to be an in depth conversation with Rain and it felt like a Disney channel crossover. I watched as Xolani laughed at something he said and then Hiro did right after and she nodded, taking his cellphone from him and tapping at the screen. My heart sank into my stomach, and I felt my breathing quicken. The very moment their conversation was over I couldn't help but wonder what on earth the three had been discussing so intently.

I clearly had been caught up in a trance because soon enough I felt Hiro's hand on my shoulder and I yelped turning around to face her.

"Oh! Hi what are you doing here?" She asked,

"Oh nothing I was just lost in thought I guess." I answered.

"Were you spying on us just now?" Hiro asked, placing her hands on her hips, "you totally were!"

"I wasn't, I swear, I was just..." I trailed off, unable to think of a valid excuse.

"Do you have a crush on the new kid or something?" She asked me cupping a hand over her mouth. "Because if you do I'd totally understand you, he's really cute but like in a vampire kind of way."

"Did you just call him Edward Cullen." I wondered.

"Not directly!" She giggled, "Oh my gosh, you didn't say no. Okay now I have to know the details, I mean I know he's hot but I don't know he doesn't seem like your type."

"I never...I never said I liked him or anything." I refused swallowing the nervousness building in my throat. "Stop making assumptions."

"Sissy is growing up, I'm devastated." She gushed, ignoring my statement, wrapping her arm around me as we began to walk. "You have to tell me everything!"

"There isn't much to tell, we've just been working on a project together and that's how I know him." I explained to her, and it wasn't entirely a lie. "That's all, sorry to disappoint."

"You're not disappointing me don't be silly, I'm just excited for you that's all. No one needs a crush or a boyfriend but it's fun to have one sometimes you know, to get to know people in a different way." She explicated, "So the project is the only reason why you guys have been hanging out?"

"Yeah. The only reason." I admitted, granted she had no idea what the project was and just how much was really on the line here. "So what were you guys talking about?"

"Well, he asked me on a date." She told me.

"Shut up no he did not!" I gasped stopping in my tracks, her guilty eyes looking up at me then she burst out into laughter, tears of mirth collecting in the corners of her eyes. "What?"

"I was just kidding. I'm sorry I just had to see your reaction, forgive me!" She apologized, "On the bright side your reaction told me everything I needed to know."

"You're awful." I let out a slight laugh, "truly."

"I know. Anyways he was asking Xolani and I where in Tokyo we buy our clothes." She told me and I was immediately taken aback having not seen any of that coming.

"That was the very last thing I was expecting." I admitted as we made our way outside and took a seat on the bench outside by the pond. "Did you pack any lunch?"

"I did but I gave it to Natsuki because she forgot and she's staying late today to study." Hiro admitted to me, just as I opened up my lunch box and gave her the other half of my sandwich. "Oh...thank you."