April Fools

AN: Happy April Fools! Just a short fic because I'm still getting ready for anderperry April.

"I made cupcakes," Todd declared, and Neil came running like a dog being whistled at.

Todd stopped him before he could snatch one away, and very carefully selected one and put it on a plate before handing it to him. 

It was their very first April fools' day living together, and Todd knew all too well how much Neil enjoyed a good practical joke. 

And since Todd was nothing if not mischievous, he thought a prank might be called for.

He watched Neil intently as he took his cupcake with gratitude. He began to unwrap it before pausing.

"Aren't you going to get one?" he asked.

"Oh...yeah," Todd selected one of the untainted cupcakes and took a bite. 

With just a hint of a smile, he watched Neil pop half the cupcake in his mouth, waiting for him to react. 

To his surprise...nothing.

Neil didn't grimace, or spit it out, or do anything unusual. He just ate his cupcake as Todd watched in shock. 

His expression became more and more confused as Neil happily ate his treat, then calmly washed it down with a glass of milk. "Thanks honey," he said sweetly, and kissed Todd before walking away. 

"Wait!" Todd called after him, and Neil froze in his tracks. "There wasn't anything unusual about your cupcake?"

Neil's brow furrowed with the effort of thinking. "No, why do you ask?"

"Like, you didn't taste any mustard?"

Neil smirked. "Oh, that," he said slyly. "You can't out-fool the fool."

Todd was too amazed to make fun of the fact that Neil just called himself a fool. No, he didn't...

Neil tossed Todd's car keys at him and plopped himself down on the couch.

"And you might want to check your car. I left a surprise."

Todd laughed. "You sneaky bastard."

"You know you love me."

"I do!" Todd yelled, and ran full speed out the door. 

Neil settled himself in, satisfied that he killed two birds with one stone. Not only would the car completely wrapped in toilet paper surprise and delight Todd, but Neil would once again crown himself the king of the fools.

Happy boyfriend, king of the fools, could life get any better?