Chapter 1

( y/n) POV

while walking around in the mall until i stopped and saw the live news on tv, i looked at the newscast in shock "you see that asteria? that boy just now... beat fugitive with his monsters and cards?" I thought.

"Yes, I see it too... it seems that this world has almost a resemblance to us (y/n), but I feel this is very different... it seems that this world is monsters and humans close to each other and fight together like their partners." said asteria from beside me.

"Wow, look at that! Tasuku Ryuenji is really great!" I tensed up when I heard a voice near me.

I glanced to my side and was surprised to see a boy. He was wearing a black and indigo jacket, which was also reversible to reveal an orange and yellow symbol resembling the sun on his back, over a red undershirt with another orange and yellow symbol resembling a sun and a black collar.

His forearms are covered in decorative white bandages that extend from his elbows to his knuckles.

He has short black spiky hair with red spikes towards the front.

Three of these red spikes point upwards, with the one on the right being the longest and curving towards its left side.

He has big golden eyes,He wears a torn student cap decorated with sun ornaments.

He also wears indigo pants with a yellow stripe running down the side. "yeah you're right...he's really amazing." I said softly.

the boy looked directly at me and I looked back at him with a smile "hello !!" greeted me.

( in somewhere place)

while in a place full of people, he tries to find someone who he thinks is 'unconventional'.

drum sees bubbles with 2 people "oh man! i wish i could draw rare cards buddy! and have buddy with cool monsters like jackknife dragon." he wished,Drum was surprised to hear such a thing.

"Did he say jackKnife dragon?" he asked no one.

"I hope you can get it all what you wish for, but I also hope to get a dragon partner too!!" said the girl with a determined look.

drum looked at the girl in surprise "that little girl...does she know what she said just now." he said.

(y/n) POV

"That's a cool tasuku ombre, huh?" a voice from behind us made us look back.

"yes." said the boy next to me.

" Hey, do you think the two of us can buddy fight like that? he asked the man.

"I don't understand, why not?" said the man.

"Then I bet we can swing the punisher Gargantua too!" I said.

" You know it!" he said encouraging us both.

I smiled then pouted "aw, who am I kidding, I just don't know how." I said with a little disappointment.

"Don't be sad (y/n)-chan you have me!! You can rely on me and your cards." asteria said.

both look at me " you need to be more positive, you think i am made the manager of this place? if you want something, then you have to accept it." said the man.

"like 100 store credit." said the boy next to me.

the three of us laughed because of the boy's question then I looked at the child next to me "ah! I'm (y/n) shiroka nice to meet you." I said while giving him a hand to shake.

"My name is Gao Mikado! Hey, you look like m-" Gao's words were cut off by the ringtone of his cell phone.

Gao picked up the phone reluctantly "hey mom-"