Chapter 9

the next day me and the others stared at the poster stuck on the notice board showing about ABC (Aibo Buddy Cup).

" ABC ... aibo buddy cup?" Gao said confused.

"It's been a whole year, huh?" Baku said.

"what is aibo buddy cup?" Gao and I asked.

"You do not know?" asked Baku.

"Oh sure...gao didn't fight until this year and (y/n) is also new here. Surely the system there must be different from here, right." answered kuguru.

I nodded "right. The system here is different from where I live so I just found out about this." I said.

"Well, you two at least heard the name, right?" asked Baku.

"Aibo buddy cup or ABC cup for short, is a buddy fighting tournament held between elementary and middle school grades." kuguru explained it to both of us.

"For those of us on the buddyfighting course, this is the biggest event of the school year." She continued.

"wow, I had dinner bumped!" gao said excitedly.

"I want to enter too!" said drums who were also excited.

" Sounds like fun! How about we join in on that tournament fight as well." said vedora while looking at me happily.

"uhm... doesn't seem to be a problem for me. we've fought before so we can get away with this." I said with a smile.

"if you want to enter, you must register with a team of two or more people." said kuguru.

"Team huh..." Gao muttered.

"bakura, let me leave the deck building to you!" Gao said looking at his friend.

"sure, as long as you don't show us a bad fight." Bakura said.

"don't worry about it!" gao said.

"I think you two will need an analyst too." kuguru said to be somewhere in between.

" an... anna's list? can you eat that?" asked the confused drums.

"an analyst is someone who has all kinds of knowledge about cards and strategy." answered kuguru with a smile.

"think... a walking card library." Bakura said.

"That's amazing! Now our team is complete!" said the drums in awe.

"By the way, what should we name it?" asked the kuguru.

"The name of the team is.. wait a minute.. mighty sun fighter." answer gao happily.

"Excuse me..." Baku said surprised.

"I am definitely a mighty sun warrior, you will be a mighty deck builder, you will be a mighty analyst, and you will be a mighty sun warrior and analyst as well." gao said.

"Why do I have 2 parts and it sounds like a bother." I said sweatdrop.

"because there are four of us, we are mighty sun fighters! that's the coolest name ever!" gao said.

"Who in the world joined an old team like that!?" Baku said annoyed.

"what was that!? if you were a man, you would become a mighty sun fighter!" said the annoyed Gao.

"we're both your girls though." said kuguru on my behalf.

"if that's all you're saying to yourself, then I quit!" Baku said as she left his so-called-team.

"I don't need a deck builder anyway!" said gao who folded his arms on his chest while looking in the other direction made Bakura stop and turn back towards gao.