Chapter 4 - Too Fast

A/N

I know I apologise for the long wait normally, but this time, it's different. I've had some big issues going on at home, and to be honest, I didn't feel like writing at all. I'm so very sorry. 😭🫣 

After sleeping for an entire week in an attic, being back in his bed felt bloody fantastic. So why did Louis find himself once again back in the attic this morning? Subconsciously, he knows why, but he can’t admit it yet or share it with the class.

Laying in bed last night, he decided that Liam is the first person he needs to see today. He feels terrible for putting him into the position he had done so, especially with Zayn. He realises now that it was stupid and foolish and that an apology is his top priority.

He searches and searches the house, and normally, it isn’t this hard to find him.

🐺🐺🐺

From his peripheral vision, Harry catches a glimpse of Jay. She doesn’t seem to be doing anything in particular as she sits on the log, taking in the sun’s rays. There is a book in her hand, but her eyes seem to be focused elsewhere. That’s how Harry finds himself giving a small wave. Jay stands and begins to walk towards him, which makes Harry a slight bit nervous.

Did Jay know about Louis hiding?

Of course, she must have.

There’s no way Louis would cause his own mother unnecessary stress just to accomplish his ridiculous prank, right?

“ Good morning, Harry.”

With Harry having changed Louis, of course it was expected that things had shifted between them. Jay had once thought of Harry as part of her own family, and now the formality of their conversation feels strange and out of place.

“ Morning. It’s a lovely day indeed.”

Harry was on the verge of trying to excuse himself from this awkward position, but before he had the chance, she watched Jay look over his shoulder as she smiled.

“Baby, you are home!!!”

Jay moves to try and pass, but Harry grabs her arm, causing her to frown initially, but softens when she remembers who Harry is.

“ You can cut the act now Jay, I am pretty positive you knew all along, but I found him last night. I’m not happy about the little scheme you guys pulled. Somehow, I kind of expected something like this from Louis, but as an adult, you could see every one of us out searching and wasting our time and energy. That, I’m disappointed in.”

Jay is staring at Harry like she has just seen a ghost.

“ What? What do you mean?”

With both in deep confusion as they continue to suss each other out, they turn to Louis, who has now walked over to join them.

“ Get your fucking arm off of my mother!”

Harry hadn’t taken notice of his firm hold on her and quickly removes it. Jay has never in her life had to growl at her son this way before.

“ Louis William Tomlinson! As a parent, I fully understand you are still hurt and upset about the change. I am too, but do I have to remind you who you are speaking to like that! Harry is our pack leader and an alpha. For the love of God, please show some respect and hold your tongue.”

Louis glares at Harry and can’t fathom how it is that he finds himself hating Harry even more than before.

As expected, Jay is ready to defend herself because all that she knew was that he was safe after Liam had texted her saying that he had heard from Louis.