Chapter 20 - The Talk

A/N

This chapter takes off directly from where it left off last chapter.

Also, this chapter is very long. Its a monster! 12.4k words ! I needed to fit everything in to explain Harry's whereabouts.

PLEASE READ :

Also, the places, names and events I mention in this chapter are NOT factual representation and I have changed  information to fit the story. No offence was intended to these places or people. These places were just randomly picked.
Dont know if its a TW or not but there is mention of religious celebrations and cultural beliefs. There is also mention of physical and emotional abuse and captivity. Please read with caution if you are triggered by any of that.

Ok, now that's out of the way, lets go.

🐺🐺🐺

"Lou, hey, listen to me and listen carefully." Harry called out, hoping to gain the omega's attention.

Louis slowly blinked open his eyes, realizing that he was sitting on Harry's lap. He looked up, meeting Harry's concerned gaze. Harry's heart ached as he saw the tears staining Louis' face. Gently, he brushed a strand of hair away and spoke softly.

"Hey, don't worry, little omega. I would never take Bree away from you. I just want to get to know her, that's all. I won't come between you two, I promise. I understand why you might have felt that way, but there's no need to fret, omega. None at all."

Louis wiped his eyes, feeling a bit embarrassed by his emotional outburst. He felt exposed and vulnerable in front of Harry, unsure of how he would be perceived.

After mustering up all his courage, Louis finally spoke up and addressed Harry in a hushed tone.

"Hey, Harry?" he whispered.

In response, Harry turned to him, his tone endearing yet curious.

"Yes?" he asked with a warm smile.

Returning the smile, Louis' eyes sparkled with a mischievous playful glimmer.

"Hey, can you um, maybe put me down?" he murmured softly.

Noticing the blush on Louis' cheeks, Harry refrained from commenting and simply complied, his grip loosening as he set Louis down gently. A tender smile adorned his face, relieved to hear Louis' calmer voice once again.

As soon as his feet hit the floor, Louis turned away. The whole emotional outburst had caused him so much embarrassment. He didn't want to look at Harry now, afraid of saying or doing something silly again.

"Oh shit. Where is she?" Louis questioned anxiously, frantically scanning his surroundings as he spun around.

"Stay calm. Remember to relax." Harry reassured him, urging him to take a deep breath.

"Liam and Zayn are keeping her entertained outside. She didn't see or hear anything. It's all good."

Louis stood still, making the atmosphere feel uneasy.

"Let's grab some water from the kitchen." Harry suggested, taking a few steps before he realized Louis hadn't budged.

"Come on, Lou. Please." Harry expected Louis to put up a fight, but to his surprise, Louis nodded and followed him willingly.

Harry carefully handed the cup to Louis, scrutinizing him with a watchful eye to ensure that he drank the entire contents. Louis still bore the telltale signs of crying; it showed across his blotchy red face. Harry's alpha instincts urged him to comfort his friend, a rare impulse for him to heed. As Louis placed the empty glass down on the table, he seemed mortified and anxious to flee.