Chapter 22- It's for the best

A/N

This is a long one !!!!
14.7k words !!!

PLEASE READ END AUTHORS NOTE, ITS IMPORTANT.

🐺🐺🐺🐺

Emerging from the seclusion of the heat house, Louis bore the unmistakable weight of exhaustion after enduring five days of separation from his family. Despite feeling drained, an eagerness ignited within him, propelling him forward with a singular purpose-to find Bree and Harry, the two people he had missed dearly, Bree, he means, yeah Bree, he has missed Bree dearly.

Obviously the pack house is his first stop, it's where he lives now after moving back in there in a rush the day before his heat started, and he's hoping he can find someone to help him locate his loved ones.

To his dismay, the pack house is empty and eerily quiet. He calls out but receives no response, causing anxiety to fester in his chest. He tries to calm himself down by telling himself to keep going and ignore the feeling that something is wrong.

Louis' next move is to reach out to his mother, who's now fully recovered from her flu. She reports that Harry had mentioned this morning about his intentions of taking Bree out for ice cream at the cafe, something that puts a smile on Louis' face instantly. He immediately jumps into his car, pulling out of the driveway at double speed, and heads straight into town.

Louis' breathing quickens as he pulls up outside, silently wishing and hoping that Harry hasn't left already. He scans the surroundings, hoping to catch a glimpse of the alphas car, and spots it in a parking lot.

Pushing out a deep breath of anticipation and excitement at the same time, Louis fixes his fringe that is still wet from the shower he took at the heat house. Satisfied with how he looks, he gets out of his car and walks into the café, his heart racing faster with every step. The smell of fresh coffee beans and ice cream stirs his senses, prompting him to keep moving forward, now realising how hungry he does indeed feel.

Upon spotting Harry and Bree laughing in a corner booth together, Louis' heart flutters with immense joy at the sight, ready to spend some promised time together. He decides to surprise them by sneaking up, wanting to take the opportunity of storing their expressions of happiness and cherishing them forever in his memory.

But as he gets closer, the sight of a blonde Omega catches his attention, causing him to stop in his tracks. Her hand lingers on Harry's arm as she joins them at the table, and her gaze locks with Harry's, a gesture that throws his emotions into chaos.

Louis' eyes dart between the three figures, trying to make sense of the situation. His mind races, thinking of the reasons for this stranger's presence in their booth. Meanwhile, Harry continues to laugh with Bree, seemingly unaware of the torture that Louis is going through.

As Louis watches the blonde Omega, she purposefully leans closer to Harry whispering something that Louis cannot hear, Harry's laugh then resonating through the cafe. Bree claps her hands, fascinated by the woman's animated behaviour, leaving Louis unsure of how to react.

From an onlookers perspective, it would appear that the three of them were a happy and loving family, especially with the way Harry's arm was wrapped protectively around Bree, and the blonde Omega's hand that still rested upon Harry's forearm. The sight before Louis made him feel instantly melancholic as he thought about turning around and leaving.

Louis' heart aches as he continues to watch the three of them. Coming out of a heat, he was still reeling from its affects as he felt a cloud of jealousy set in, insecurity taking hold of his mind, affecting his emotions on a deeper level.