Chapter 5 - Jealousy, Jealousy

A/N
I was going to drag this story out but i'm really no good at slow burns. I kind of want to get things moving along, even if it's only a little bit. I hope I haven't made it seem too rushed.

🐺

‘There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy. When you truly look at jealousy in all its forms, jealousy broken down, is really just loving and hating someone at the exact same time.’ 

🐺

As if his heat wasn’t embarrassing enough to himself, when he walks out his door and down the corridor, there seems to be an entourage of people waiting for him.

‘ For fuck sakes’ 

They all look semi concerned and it kind of infuriates him a bit, because he isn’t made of glass, he doesn’t need everyone worried about him 24/7.

“Is there a fire? National emergency? No? Please tell me someone died at least, otherwise what the hell are you all doing here looking like you have lost a million dollars?”

Zayn is the only one that appreciates the sass as he displays a smirk. However, Liam untangles himself from Zayn’s arms and stands up from where they were residing on the couch.

“ We just wanted to make sure you were alright, are you ok?” 

Without realising what he’s doing, he diverts his eyes away down towards the floor. 

“Jesus guys, c’mon, this is weird, I’m fine.”

Whether they are happy with that answer or not, Louis couldn’t care less, because that’s the only answer they are going to get. There is no way he is going to stand here in front of these people and tell them how ridiculous and worthless he felt for the last five days.

Liam accepts the answer hesitantly and smiles gently. He remembers his own first time and Liam is genuinely only worried for his mental state. 

“ Do you need anything? Some food maybe?”

For some reason this prompts Louis to use the opportunity to swerve his eyes around the room. 

Zayn, Liam, Oli, Niall, a couple of elders ,his sisters and his mum. It shouldn’t sting like it does, but Harry is nowhere in sight. The curiosity is getting the better of him, but his pride doesn’t allow him to question his whereabouts. So he keeps quiet. 

‘Good, didn’t want him here anyway, what did I ever see in him? Worst friend ever.’ 

“ How about we all give him some space, yeah?”

Zayn is the only one who picks up on Louis’ need for some personal time alone. It works because everyone stands, everyone... except his mother.

While the others all leave the room in a timely manner, Louis turns to his mum, who wraps her arms around him. Hugging him tightly, she pulls back and studies her son’s face.

“I can’t imagine how you feel right now. I bet that was all strange for you. I’m not going to lie honey, I was worried the entire time. That happened too fast, it’s not normal. Do you feel alright?”

As much as he would rather not discuss it, the worry in his mum's eyes lets him know that he needs to reassure her. But what does he tell her, or how much of it? Because some of those memories he would kindly wish to forget.

🐺FLASHBACK🐺

Louis is struggling beyond recognition. He can hear Harry on the other side of the door demanding Zayn to let him enter. If he wasn’t in physical pain right now, he would laugh at Harry’s determination. He thinks back to Sophie’ words this morning and it sparks an idea. If what she had told him was true, then Louis was going to make his life miserable.