Chapter 21 : New year party

"Haein!" Chan called for Haein as soon as he entered the house. He had just returned from work. Haein quickly came to the living room hearing his voice.

"Yeah?" She saw a big shopping bag in Chan's hand.

Chan sat on the couch and spoke while taking off his shoes, "I just got an invitation for a new year's party today."

"Let me guess, it's being thrown by Jackson Wang from China?" Haein said with an excited smile.

Chan chuckled hearing her words, "I wish it was but unfortunately, it's not. I mean, this isn't a fanfiction now, is it?"

"Aww, it'd be a dream come true to be invited to a Jackson Wang party," Haein laughed and Chan followed after. "Anyways, who's throwing the party if not Jackson?"

"It's actually KBS year ending festival. We're performing there on 31st. And after the festival, there's a party for all the idols," Chan explained.

"Oh... Well, I hope you guys have fun," Haein smiled.

"Not 'you', 'we' actually. You're coming too," Chan stood up after taking off his shoes and socks.

"Me? Why am I going?" Haein's eyes widen in surprise.

"You're going as my plus one. I'm taking you with me," Chan showed his adorable eye smile. For some reason, the mention of being Chan's plus one made a blush creep up her face. She knew that a plus one didn't have to be a date but it still made her feel funny. Haein was quick enough to shrug it off.

"But what will I do among such great celebrities?" Haein became nervous as the party was going to have big personas.

"Oh come on! It's not like you haven't met any idols before. You literally live with one!" Chan pointed at himself with both his hands giving her a sassy look. "All of JYPE's idols would be there too. You can have fun with them. They'd be glad to see you too. Besides, what would you do all by yourself at home alone? The party will end pretty late. I'm gonna have to worry about you the whole night," Chan tried to convince her.

"Okay, I'll go," Haein agreed to go.

"Good. I bought this for you," Chan extended the shopping bag towards Haein. Haein took the bag and took out the big white box inside it. "I know you don't have anything to wear at the party. So I bought this for you today. I didn't know what would suit you so I bought something simple. And don't worry, it's your size. I hope you like it," Chan nervously said as he scratched his neck. Haein sat on the couch and opened the box. There was a cute white dress kept inside it.

"I love it!" Haein grinned big as she looked up at Chan. "You really bought it yourself?" She spoke in disbelief, still not being able to believe that Chan could buy a nice dress by himself.

"Well... I did receive some help from a friend... but I was the one who picked it," Chan said the last sentence proudly.

"Thanks, Chris. It's beautiful."

"You're welcome."

...

The end of the year was very busy for Stray kids. They had almost no free time in their schedules. It was finally the 31st of December, when they had their last scheduled program, KBS year ending festival. The boys were supposed to get ready for the show at their company because the venue would be too crowded that day.

Chan took Haein to the company with him too. When they reached the company, the members were already busy getting ready with their stylists. There was a lot of rush going on in the makeup room. Haein had never been to one before so it did cause her slight discomfort. Before going to get ready himself, Chan took Haein to one of the stylists.