Chapter 24 : Wanna be a rock

Just another day in Chan's house. Chan was busy working in his room. Haein being hungry, was in the kitchen looking for something to eat. As she looked through all the cabinets, she found a cabinet full of alcohol.

"What's this?" Haein said as she took out a bottle. It was a bottle of American gin, the one that Ryan Reynolds had gifted Chan long ago. She realized Chan used that cabinet to store alcohol he got as gifts, since he didn't really drink alcohol. She wondered how come she had never seen inside that cabinet before. She quickly kept it back in the cabinet not wanting to break it.

But as she was retreating her hands after keeping it, her hand accidentally hit the bottle causing it to drop on the floor and break. Haein gasped loud covering her mouth with her hand. She knew how much Chan treasured that bottle. He would be so mad if he found out.

"Haein! What happened? Are you okay?" Hearing the loud noise of glass shattering, Chan came running to the kitchen only to see Haein standing frozen infront of the broken bottle.

Haein looked at Chan with widen eyes. She was doomed. "Ch-Chris, I... I'm so sorry! I broke your liquor bottle! How could I be so careless?!" Haein said in a single breath with an almost crying voice. Chan looked at the bottle with a heartbroken expression and slowly walked towards it. Haein quickly sat down on the ground to pick up the shattered glass. "I'll clean it up."

But just as she was about to touch the glass, Chan stopped her showing his hand. "Wait! Don't touch it!" Haein retreated her hand and hesitantly stood up. Chan bent down infront of her and wrapped his arms around her knees and back picking her up. Haein was shocked again. He carried her out of the kitchen and put her back on the ground in the dining area. He held both her hands in his looking for any injuries. "Are you hurt anywhere?" He then looked at her feet. While Chan was checking for her injuries, Haein was just staring at him. Once again he was making her feel butterflies.

"I'm so sorry I broke your bottle. Ryan Reynolds gave it to you. I know how much you love it," she spoke with her head lowered with guilt.

Chan sighed, "The bottle is important to me but not more than you. It's just a bottle." Though he said it was just a bottle, the way he looked at it Haein knew it wasn't. Chan went back to the kitchen. He sat down on the ground and started picking up the broken glass.

"Chris, I'll clean that-" Haein said but was cut off by him.

"No, you'll get hurt. Stay away from this."

Haein stood there gripping tightly on the chair she stood next to. Seeing Chan clean up her mess made her feel even more guilty. Once Chan was done cleaning, he went back inside his room without saying another word to her.

Chan wasn't mad at Haein. He knew she didn't do it on purpose. But the bottle was precious to him. His big brother Ryan gave it to him after all. So he did feel upset.

...

"I'm going to my studio," Chan said and closed the door of the practice room leaving for his studio.

"Jeez, what's wrong with him?" Minho asked keeping his arm on Jisung's shoulder.

The next day, when Chan went to the company, Haein decided to accompany him too. But after that incident, Chan didn't talk to her at all. She also didn't try to approach him in any way. Even at the company, Chan had been acting weird. He seemed more tired than usual, which his members didn't fail to notice. He wasn't into their practices and also didn't talk much. 

"It's all my fault," Haein said gaining everyone's attention.

"Why? What happened?" Felix asked.

They all sat down on the ground in a circle as Haein continued to tell them the whole situation in detail. "... He's been acting like that ever since. He hasn't even talked to me once."