||CHAPTER 4||

The soul knows when the search is over

-Pinterest

~•~

Near The Main Gate Of Hastinapura Palace

Bhanumati moved her eyes around the majestic palace. She felt a pull towards the palace. As if the palace was calling her. She stepped inside. As soon as her feet touched the ground of palace, a white light emerged from the statue of tridev and tridevi situated on the middle of way to the main door of palace. The noises went down. The place turned silent. As the white light coming from the statue fell on Bhanumati.

Mahamahim Bhishma shivered seeing the light as he very well knew what does the light indicate. He tried to look through the statues to know about the person upon whom the light had fallen. He walked down stairs and took slow steps towards the statues. He walked past it. And he could finally see a woman's face. Nobody else could witness whom the light was falling upon. But his eyes had that power. As he knew what the light mean. A smile grasped on his lips.

The light made Bhanu's body warm. Her temperature grew. She felt irritated with the amount of heat her body was coming in contact with. Slowly slowly the heat decreased. And she felt better. She felt comfortable with it. It gave her the warmth which she was longing for, ever since she started traveling to Hastinapura.

Suddenly the light vanished. And she missed the warmth. But her body was still warm. Although she wanted the light on her body for more time, but still she was satisfied.

She was driven out of her thoughts, as she felt a presence approaching her. She looked up to see a huge figure infront of her. The man had a well maintained body. He looked like a middle-aged one. But something in him indicated her that he was not middle-aged. He had a calm expression on his face. It seemed as if he wanted to talk to her, but was hesitating. So she thought to start the conversation herself.

"Excuse me, gentleman, do you have any idea about why that light fell on me only??", She asked. Mahamahim Bhishma chuckled at her way of addressing him. She went confused hearing his chuckle.

Bhishma asked her back, "Out of all the people here, why did you decide to ask me only hmm??".

Bhanu smiled before replying, "because out of all the people here, you look like the most genius and the eldest too. Your aura says that you're very experienced. So as I saw you approaching me I thought why not ask this gentleman only". Her reply amused Bhishma but at the same time he realised that she was wise.

"Well, yes I am the eldest royal person present at this palace", Bhishma replied, his face turning slightly upset on remembering his step mother who used to help him in politics.

Bhanu nodded her head but suddenly it stroke her as why did he say 'present'. That means there was someone else too who's elder than him. She then asked him directly, "gentleman, why did you say present? Does that mean there's someone else too who's elder than you?"

Shaking his head in disbelief at her never ending questions, he said, "Yes, there is someone elder than me in this family. She is my step mother. And rajmata of Hastinapura. Rajmata Satyavati. She used to help me alot in the matters of politics. Her opinions were always beneficial. After she entered into our family, I grew much more smart in politics than I was before. I miss her presence now".

Bhanu passed him a light smile, before thinking of changing the topic as it was turning sensitive for her too. "By the way, you still have not answered my question"