Chapter Thirty-Four

Isabella looked around in the middle of nowhere to find everything pitch black

Isabella looked around in the middle of nowhere to find everything pitch black. She walked into nowhere in a dark room, or whatever this place was, confused about her whereabouts.

"Bella . . ."

She stopped in her tracks when she heard someone call her name. The voice sounded sinister. Why were they calling her name? What did they want?

"Who said that?"

"Bella . . ."

"Who's there?" she called out, turning around, trying to find someone, but all she saw was darkness. Suddenly, there was a flash behind her that got her attention. She turned slowly and noticed a bright light in the distance.

Whatever light it was, it was coming towards her. A silhouette walked toward her and Isabella could barely make out the shape of a person. Once they had arrived at her feet and stepped closer to her, they were face to face.

The persona was revealed to be the man that made Isabella's body tremble.

"Hello, beautiful."

"Matthew . . . w-why are you here? I thought you were in prison," she asked, her voice shaking.

"Oh, I got out. I came back to be with you, babe." He smirked, walking closer as she stepped backward.

"No. Don't you remember what you did to me? How you abused me?"

"You deserved it, you dumb bitch!" he spat, getting into her face.

"And since you told Aiden and everyone else what I did to you, I did the right thing and hurt every one of them."

Isabella lost her breath.

Isabella's eyes were welling up with tears. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Now you're mine, and no one can bother us anymore. You did this to yourself. It was a choice to either protect them or see them get hurt. and you made your choice. You thought you could get away from me."

This was her fault.

Isabella looked up at Matthew and felt her body boil from so many emotions she had kept inside.

"I wanted to get away from you because of what you did! I wanted to get out because of what you put me through, and you thought punishing me would make everything better?!"

"I can do whatever the fuck I want! And you can't stop me because you're weak. You always have been and that's never going to change. I own you, and you will do whatever I say!" Matthew screamed in her face as he grabbed her arm tightly, trying to drag her away with him.

Isabella was petrified.

She struggled but managed to punch him in the face with her free hand, causing him to let go of her arm in pain. She took her chance to flee, running away from him deeper in the dark place.