Chapter Thirty-Five

They arrived at Aiden's house and entered the living room

They arrived at Aiden's house and entered the living room. Isabella sat on the couch, exhausted.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" Aiden asked.

Isabella shook her head. "No, I'm fine."

Aiden sighed and sat beside her, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. He was in deep thought before he spoke, "Hey, listen, I know you must be worried about your parents coming back, but know that you have nothing to worry about."

Isabella was scared about how her parents would react, coming back home and seeing their daughter after what happened.

They probably wouldn't see their daughter as a happy girl anymore, just a broken one. "Nothing to worry about? Aiden, you told them what happened, and I won't be ready to see them when they see me and judge me for not getting away from the relationship or—"

"Are you kidding?" He turned to face her directly. "Your parents would never do that. They might be upset at first, but that's not going to stop them from helping you."

Are you going to believe that?

Your parents will see you as a whore, not the innocent girl you used to be.

Why would your parents help you?

You're nothing.

"Stop!" Isabella shouted.

How dare they call her that? They knew what happened to her, they knew what she had to struggle with. They caused her to have thoughts of killing herself because they wanted her gone. She didn't understand why they wouldn't just leave her alone.

Why can't they just let me be?!

"Stop what?"

Isabella paused. Did she say that out loud?

Aiden just heard her random outburst. She didn't hold it in. She buried her face in her hands, embarrassed.

What are they doing to me? she thought.

"Are you okay?" Aiden asked, moving closer to her.

"No. I think I'm going crazy," she uttered, absentmindedly scratching the back of her hand with her fingernails.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going crazy!" She stood up and paced in front of him.

"How are you going crazy?" Aiden stared at his friend, concerned.

"I'm—" She stopped pacing and faced him. "I'm just losing it. I hear things in my head, and they won't go away. They won't go away!"

Aiden was alarmed by this new information. He stood up and asked, "Hearing things how?"