Pretty Kitties: Chanlix

Little: Felix
Caregiver: Chan
————

Felix and Chan were both cat hybrids and they always wanted a pet. They thought about a dog but quickly realized that they probably won't be able to keep one in their apartment. Lizard? No, too scaly. Bird? Definitely a no. A cat? Yeah that sounds like a good idea! Why would they want a pet? Well, it's a nice little addition to their family and so Felix wouldn't get lonely when Chan had to go out without him. So, today was the day.

Chan went to get his little from his room. He was so excited you could hear him purring as he knocked on Felix's door.

"Lixie! Are you ready for today?" He said as he creaked the door open. Felix opened up the door with a wide grin on his face as he nodded excitedly.

"We get kitties!! Yay!!" He exclaimed. Chan chuckled as he picked up the boy and hugged him.

"Yes we are!" The two giggled as they made their way out of the house and to the shelter. As hybrids, they always had their ears and tails out. Most people don't pay them any attention but some give them a hard time. They made it to the shelter and the receptionist brought them back to look at the cats.

"You two don't get any funny ideas. I know how some of you hybrids are." She half-joked. Chan rolled his eyes as he ignored her statement and watched Felix happily look at all the kitties.

"Dis ones gots da same names as me!" Felix smiled. There was a small black cat curled up looking at him. "Hi friend!" Felix said. The cat meowed back as it stood up to make its way further back into the cage. Felix pouted a bit, looking slightly offended as he walked away. "That kitty is grumpy." He said to himself. As he was walking past all the cats, one caught his attention. It was meowing and meowing at him, practically begging for him to say hi. Felix cocked his head to the side as he waved to the kitty.

"Hi! What's your name?" He smiled. The cat meowed and Felix nodded. "Prince! I'm Felix! Buh Channie calls me Lixie." He giggled. The cat meowed at him again as it sat down in front of Felix. "Oh... Das na fun." Felix pouted." I was a stray too... Buh! Channie found me an' now I'm super happies!" Felix perked up as he had an idea. He looked to see where Chan was. He saw him sitting next to a large enclosure watching Felix with a smile. Felix turned back to the cat with an idea. "Why dun we bring you home!" He said with a smile. The cat meowed happily as it purred and rubbed up against the cage. Felix nodded and skipped over to Chan.

"Did you find a buddy?" Chan asked. Felix nodded with a big grin.

"His name is Prince! An' he says he was a stray. Like me." Felix tugged on Chan's arm as he brought him to the cat. The cat meowed at Chan and he nodded.

"Yeah, that's me. Lix was telling me all about you." He smiled. The cat meowed softly as he got comfy. Chan chuckled a bit and reached his hand out to give him a pet. "Yeah, kittens are hard to take care of but, I love him very much." The cat meowed again and Chan nodded. "Lucky for you, Prince! Today is your day!" Chan smiled as Felix happily meowed. The cat meowed and him and Felix happily meowed back and forth as Chan went to the receptionist.

"We'd like to adopt Prince. We filled out the papers online. Is there anything else we need to do?" He asked with a gentle smile. The lady looked up from her book with a half-caring smile as she clicked away on her computer.

"What's your name again dear?"

"Chris. Christopher Bang."

A few awkward moments passed and the lady broke the silence.

"Okay. Yep, everything on here checks out... and you're pre-approved! Good on ya. " She said with another half-caring smile. "We'll go ahead and get him ready for you." She said as she stood up. Chan smiled as he was about to thank her but she continued. "You guys have proper cat food, cat treats, litter boxes... all that?" She asked. Chan was about to answer again but was cut off by her going on again. "Wait, you guys are hybrids. Of course you do." She answered her own question. Chan got a bit offended but shrugged it off as she opened the cage and put Prince into a carrying cage.

"Oh we have our own. Lixie come with me so we can bring our new friend home." Chan said. Felix happily waddled over to Chan's side. They grabbed their carrying cage and brought it in. As they finished getting settled at the shelter, Felix was talking to Prince. Telling their new kitty how much fun they would have and how nice their apartment is. The two were getting along very well and Chan smiled to himself as he helped Felix put the cage in the car with them. The car ride home was short and Felix could not stop talking about how excited he was. Chan just laughed at the boy's cuteness and helped him inside with their new friend.

As they settled in their new cat, Felix was so happy he couldn't stop trying to show him around to everything. Chan scooped up Felix off the floor and brought him to his room.

"Let's let our new friend explore for himself, okay?" Chan said as he snuggled Felix. Felix nodded as he snuggled back into Chan.

"Otay Channie. Thankies!! I'm so happies!" Felix said, yawning a bit as he got more comfortable. Chan hummed as he felt a small thump on the bed. The two looked up to see Prince curling up next to them.

"Awe, everyone is here now!" Chan said with a smile.

This is definitely the best day for all of them.