Nine

Stunning.

Gorgeous.

Breathtaking.

Seductive.

I can literally go on forever and yet no words can justify how perfect Becky was in my eyes tonight.

I felt my world stopped and my breathing halted when I saw her standing in the doorway. I've been in love with this woman for years and could hardly believe she's finally notice me, enough to ask me out on a date.

Not a friendly date.

In a romantic sense of date.

But what does that mean for both of us, exactly?

Part of me is still confuse on how the situation led us here.

We kissed out of a drunken moment, we admitted the kiss meant something for both of us, but what does that entail? Are we dating? Are we more than friends but less than lovers? Is that how this works?

I have no freaking clue what I'm doing but there's really no telling how it would go if I don't give it a try, right?

This is Becky. She's not going to just ask me out and string me along just for fun.

But this is Becky. Who was in love with my sister. Who got her heart broken and kissed me on a one drunken night.

As much as I would love to just go along with it blindly, I knew it's something we need to talk about and put a name on. I don't even care if we don't label it at this early stage of whatever-this-is, I just want to make sure she's emotionally invested in this as much as I do.

Because there's no way in hell I am losing my best friend for nothing.

"Are you cold?" She asked, caressing my arm as we walk inside the fancy restaurant. The shivers racing along my skin have nothing to do with the temperature.

I turn to face her, warm brown eyes looking at me with concern and I had to swallow the massive lump in my throat.

Calm down, Freen.

"I'm okay, just the cold air from outside I think." I smiled, forcing to calm my nerves.

She smiled, gently tugging my hand and lacing our fingers together, "I'll keep your hands warm at least." I cannot not giggle at that.

God she's so smooth and she doesn't even realize it.

"You ready for lobsters?" She asked after we sat in our reserved seats, "I made sure to have it with lemon & served with herb butter sauce, just as you like them." she added, squeezing my hand before letting it go.

Seriously, how can I not fall in love with this woman?

I chuckled, leaning a little bit closer to her ear, "You spoil me. Is this how you're supposed to treat a lady on your first date?" I tease, "They'll be fat by the time they finished their meal."

She laughs at that, covering her face in embarrassment. This is a fancy restaurant where Becky's family is a regular and I supposed some patrons here recognized her. I stifled my own laughter and sink a little lower on my chair.

Yep, we're dorks. Is this normal when you're supposed to be on a date with your best friend?

Again, I have no freaking clue.

As she's trying to recover from laughing, she throw a playful glare at me, "I'll have you know, you're the first person I brought here as a date," smiling, she looks at me straight in the eyes, "And I hope to bring you here over and over again if you'd let me."