Epilogue

AN: Sorry it took a while 🥲 Here's the last two chapters of How I See You. Hope you enjoyed the story somehow. I'm sorry for those who didn't, I'll do better. Love you 💙

Becky has been acting weird and it is seriously starting to make me nervous.

She has been jumpy and easily startled, sometimes I catch her lost in her thoughts and just so far away even when we're sitting right next to each other.

And she's always on her phone.

"Is everything okay, babe?" I asked, calling her attention back to me. She was on her phone the entire afternoon and every time I ask about it, she says it's work related.

But she's scrolling, more like browsing, not texting or calling. Work stuff can't be like a magazine right?

I'm overthinking this.

She clears her throat, hiding her phone in her bag. It took every ounce of my self control to not react to that. "Yeah, just Sylvia sending me updates about the case I'll be working on when we get back." She replied, giving me a beaming smile.

She seems happy though. So I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much?

I nod, albeit hesitant. "Do you want to try that sushi place we saw earlier? It looks really good." I asked, changing the subject before my mind drifts somewhere else.

She smiled, clinging onto my arm as we stand up from the patio loveseat and walk back to our bedroom.

"Hmm, I'd like to go to a different place this time. It's Saturday and I'd like to see some city lights. We could try that tomorrow instead? Since it's our last day here and all." She says, trailing her delicate fingers through the length of my arms before intertwining our hands together.

Her touch still sends me shivering after all these years. It's the kind of feeling I always crave for.

I smiled, pulling her closer to my space. "Sounds good. Let's check out some places then." I said, leaning in to give her soft kisses on her neck.

She gulps, bringing her arms to my shoulders. "I.. I already found a place. It has romantic ambience and we have a good view of the city." She replied, her other hand sliding towards my chest then down to my abdomen.

"Hmm.." I hummed in response, bringing my mouth to her collarbone, nibbling a skin on it. "Let's book a reservation for that then." I said in a whisper, bringing my lips just below her ear.

She squirms, her hands stops just above my hip bones, pulling me a little closer. "That tickles." She says quietly, arching her back, obviously aroused.

I have mastered the skill of reading Becky's body language throughout the 9 years of dating her. When she wanted to be touched, I would know. When she wanted to be kissed, it would show on her face.

When she's hiding something, I would always find out.

A smirk slowly forms on my lips as I took a step back, kissing her knuckles before letting it go and walk towards our closet. "What should I wear for tonight?" I asked nonchalantly.

I hear a quiet stomping and grumbling from behind me, I had to bite my lower lip to prevent myself from laughing. "Baby what should I wear to that place you told me about?" I asked again, refusing to look at her.

She sighed, deep enough I could nearly drown in them. I feel bad somehow, but if I want to find out what she's hiding, I will have to keep the act.

"Wear something pretty. The white dress I bought you last week." She says, excitement back in her voice.