chapter 4

It's been a few months and Jake, Lila and Mya haven't found Jack yet but they weren't giving up. Jack and Mason are having their best time of their lives. "Hey Mason what do you want to do?" Mason was thinking then Mason got an idea. "How about we play hide-and-seek!" Jack nodded and went to play hide-and-seek. They played a few rounds when it was time to eat, they went into their adopted mother's den and they ate. "Thanks!" The monkey mother smiled at both of them. "Ok time for bed you two and tomorrow we are going to find fruit for dessert!" The two cubs jumped up and down and went to bed. In the morning the two cubs woke up and saw the monkey mother has gone. "Where is she?" Mason asked and Jack didn't know. "Let's see if she is outside" they went outside to see that the monkey mother was on the ground with deep scratches all over her body and a missing arm. The two cubs were shocked at the sight and both of them started crying, "HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?!?" yelled Mason and Jack didn't say anything but cry. And then after a couple of hours they made a grave for  her. After they made the grave and said their goodbyes. Then they started to move out of their home because they knew if they stayed there it would have happened to them to. They didn't say anything for 10 minutes then Jack spoke, "Mason?" Mason looked at Jack, "where would we go?" Mason looked straight, "I don't know Jack but we will find somewhere to live...in a safe area..I swear." they have been walking for 5 hours and plus breaks and they started to get tired. "Mason I'm tired.." Mason nodded and saw a den right beside a lake. "Hey Jack look! A den!" Mason and Jack smiled and went into the den and went to sleep. In the morning they woke feeling really hungry, they went out and saw a rabbit and Mason didn't know how to hunt but Jack did. "Ok I'll get the rabbit ok?" Mason nodded and Jack into a hunting position. Jack pounced on the rabbit and one bite killed it. "Wow that was awesome Jack!" Jack smiled at Mason's compliment. They ate and started to walk again.