[1o]

*authors note*

Hi!!! It's been a hot minute, but not too long of a wait! I hope you enjoy the chapter!!

_________________

I thought I had covered my gasp but apparently, I didn't because now they're both staring at me like a deer that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

No, that's not what the saying is. Brain no worky.

"Holland!" Jordan nervously said, pushing away from Tyler and trying to create as much distance between them as possible. Tyler just slightly rotated until he was facing me, still leaning on the wall with a smug look on his face.

I stared at them for a minute, trying to think of the right thing to say or ask.

"Are you guys...?"

"No," Jordan quickly answered.

"Yes," Tyler smugly answered over him, making Jordan glare at him.

"Wait, so you guys are mates then?!" I excitedly asked, bouncing on the balls of my feet. This would be the best thing in the world if they are. I don't know how I didn't see it before they're always around each other I just thought it was because they wanted to make sure that I was safe and they were being overprotective well maybe it's a mixture of both they are mates and they want to be overprotective it could definitely be b-

"No! No, we're not mates!" Jordan rushed out, squashing my happy train of thought and making me deflate.

"We're just hooking up in the meantime. It's just some fun." Tyler was still acting very chill about the whole thing. I didn't even know he was gay. I didn't even know Jordan was gay. So many things are being revealed it's too much for my brain.

"I didn't know you guys were gay," I said my thoughts aloud.

"I wouldn't put myself in that box. I'm open to whatever," Tyler said. I nodded my head, really excited to learn more about my best friends. Wait, are they my best friends? They are my friends, and I don't really have that many of them. So would that make them my best friends? But how can I call them my best friends and not know this about them? I'm a terrible friend.

"I think we should get back to the party, but Holland, please don't say anything to anyone. Not even Grey and Ryker, please. I'm asking you as a favor," Jordan begged.

I held out my pinky to him. I needed him to know his secret was safe with me.

"I pinky promise not to tell anyone ever." He smiled as he hooked his pinky with mine and we both kissed our hands. "Okay, let's go back to the party. Unless y'all want to continue...?" I raised my eyebrows at them a few times, making Jordan blush and start walking towards the party, leaving me and Tyler behind.

I couldn't stop the smile from taking over my face as I beamed at him. He continued to smile smugly at me. I was about to turn back to go find Grey and Ryker when Tyler's smug smile slowly dropped. I felt my heart drop into my stomach. Oh no, what's wrong? Did I do something?

"Holland, please don't tell anyone. I know you pinky promised, but seriously, please don't. He's not ready yet, so just give him some time. Okay?" Tyler asked. I haven't seen his face this serious, not since we were back at...no.

I do not think about that, not tonight.

I could only nod my head, my smile completely wiped from my face.

"Let's go back to the party, make sure they didn't break anything while we were gone." His smile slowly made its way back onto his face, and that let me know that he wasn't mad at me, he just wanted to protect Jordan.