Chapter 2 - Caught in despair

Leonardo, Raphael, Donnie and Leatherhead are looking for Mikey, Leo is still trying to contact Mikey through the T-phone, sending messages and making calls, but there's no response, Donnie gets a signal on his mutagen tracker, a very strong one, they all checked it out because it seemed to be extremely promising, just to moments later hear a loud and powerful scream filled with pain, it's a high pitch, almost like a child's scream, it was Mikey!!!

They ran to the direction where the screams were coming from, they were all horrified of what they saw, their little brother chained down and pinned onto the floor, his vains glowing pink as well as his eyes but the patterns look a lot like cracks and breaks similar to a broken ceramic glass, he was screaming like crazy and squirming like a fish dying out of water, almost contortionating in agony while thick tears run down his face, Leatherhead goes feral and tries to attack the bots that are torturing his dear friend, the Kraang see his fast approach and rush back through the portal, not before the alligator grabs one of them by the head, capturing the robot that was holding the massive needle like contraption, the others successfully make their way back to dimension X, scaping the furious mutants, Donnie jumps in and catches the portal maker and starts trying to get it to open up again.

Desperate, the three brothers began arguing with eachother while trying to make a plan, until Leatherhead broke them apart, he has an idea, he picks up the container that the Kraang had dropped and took a quick look at it before looking back at the boys.

🐊 - "You find a way to get Michelangelo back, I'll take this to Dr. Rockwell to find out what it is, we gotta go now!"

🔵 - "Ok, we will! Good luck, and thank you for the help."

Having that said, the turtles manage to reopen the portal and jump inside, putting on their breathing masks so they won't choke on that awful air, they all find themselves in a Kraang base, they'll have to be very sly to not be caught or make too much of a scene, Leo goes first, checking if the area is safe, Raph doesn't wait for the orders and runs through the halls anyway, with no other choice, Leo and Donnie follow after, they sneak around the base searching for the control room to find their little brother, once they entered the area they tried to get the machine to show them the cameras but nothing seemed to work, a little bit of "Mikey's magic touch" would be useful right now, finally they find something, a release button, it would free all the creatures trapped in there, which was barely any, Donnie wonders what to do, and while Leo tries to consider the options, Raph hears the Kraang approaching and acts with no thought whatsoever, throwing his arm on the table and smashing the button with his fist.

A loud alarm is set off, the Kraang that were about to enter the control room and spot the turtles, they get their laser guns and run somewhere, Leo yells at Raph for not listening but he doesn't even budge, running out of the room with Donnie and Leo to look for his baby bro, after some time running up and down the place, the turtles find themselves surrounded by armed Kraang, but before the fight even started, a giant creature emerged from the hall and destroyed each Kraang on it's way using nothing but his bare hands, Raph charges in to attack the monster but is caught mid-air by it's huge hand, The creature sees the presence of the other two brothers and grabs them both as well, running with them on it's arms and jumping through the window, landing in one of those floating islands of dimension X.

Once out of the base and away from that deafening noise, the three brothers get to have a more clear vision of what is that creature, it's a tall, no... HUGE beast, it's skin looks like a mix of leather and scales, all colored pinkish white, a very light one, it had a tail and intense pink eyes and some sharp teeth on it's mouth that had something like drool dripping from it, he seemed angry and tired, falling on their knees and hands and breathing heavily, the turtles tried to approach the monster, unsure if it's hostile or if they'll need to defend themselves from some attack coming from it, Donnie does notice that it has some sort protective shell on the back, it had a very dark gray shade to it and symmetrical circular patterns, a truly amazing look to see, the creature mysteriously starts to slowly shrink and get a more... familiar look, kind of human like but also anthropomorphic.

But they got way too close, the creature noticed that something was coming closer and got scared, he swung his arm around to attack whatever is standing around and surrounding him, the brothers are thrown back on their shells, and the creature jumps on top of Raphael because he happened to be the first one he saw, and when the red masked turtle looked into the eyes of that thing and it looked right back at him, with confused and shocked eyes, Leo and Donnie draw their weapons and are prepared to attack, until the creature begins shrinking again, a bit faster this time around, it's form gets less and less threatening until it becomes a completely recognizable shape... it's Mikey..... or it at least looks an awful lot like him, he's still pinning Raph against the floor, and it's still significantly bigger, a bit taller than Donnie, it kept staring deep into Raph's eyes.

Mikey seems to have recognized something in Raph, it looked like he was processing what he is seeing, he suddenly gets up from crawls off Raph that tries to reach out to his brother, just to be grabbed by the waist and held up in the air while Mikey looked at him with goofy eyes like he was holding a child, so he started to spin around in happiness and toss him up again and again like a doll which obviously terrifies his big brother, Leo ran to him and tried to make Michelangelo put Raph down by grabbing his arm bicep, but it didn't stop him anyway, Leo basically flew off his feet as his big little brother spinned around, Donnie tries to help them by holding Mikey down, also inafective, he just jumped on his chest as an attempt to make him fall over and it didn't work, he barely even moved from the impact, Mikey catches Raph once again and quickly picks up all of his brothers, growing a little more out of excitement.

He hugs them all tightly and rocks them back and forth, the brothers are relieved but a bit shocked about the current situation their little brother is in, until they feel warm water drops falling on them, Mikey puts them down, shrinking to a smaller size than his normal one, revealing he's crying, it's out of relief and happiness for seeing his brothers again, the few seconds it took them to reopen the portal was about 3 months to him, so for a moment he lost it and thought they really had left him behind, they all tried their best to console him but found it hard to do since he was unable to communicate, his voice was messed up, sounded like a dozen voices talking at the same time and even though they might all be saying the same things, all of them are distorted and weird pitched in a way that it sounds more like static mixed squeals and chirps, like his voice is desperately trying to come out or make word, they noticed his distress and embraced him to show support.

The four brothers sit together and have a moment of soft emotion.