Chapter 14 - Sabotaging the enemy

Just as Leo was about to say a word, the ground started to shake violently, Donnie rushed to his lab and found that the Kraang communicator had a message from the mutanimals, which has a warning about a new Kraang invasion, they were going to use the modified mutagen, the same one they had used on Michelangelo, turns out, that during the time the turtles had taken off to nurse Mikey, the Kraang orchestrated and are now executing a plan for world domination, where they plan to mutate the entire planet with and mutagen that couldn't be cured (in their minds), Mikey can't quite explain it, but he feels it coming, the pink mutagen, it's like he can track it down with his mind, just like April's psychic powers, but it's not something good.

Michelangelo's first reflex to sensing that awful substance entering his dimension was to run away from it, but also... being drawn to it? A bit of a paradox, part of him wants to run as far from it as possible, but the other part wants to go there, he doesn't really know what to do until he hears Leo telling everyone to head out and fight them, Mikey tries to join them, just for Leo and Raph to push him away and tell him to stay home because he is in "no condition to fight", and with that, everyone leaves Mikey behind in the lair while they go off to fight the alien threat.

Mikey feels frustrated, his self-guilt hits unimaginable peaks as he finds out that this catastrophy is only happening because his horrible condition kept his brothers from dealing with the issues with the Kraang, it was his fault that this was all happening, he fet useless, he couldn't just sit this one out and do nothing, he had to make up for the trouble he caused, this was far from the truth or from what he should do in this situation, but reason just wouldn't get through his head, it was a matter of guilt and pressure, any mistake would feel like the end of the world, and now that the world is actually in real danger, the dark feeling leaked into the deepest corners of Mikey''s brain and heart, corroding it's way in like acid.

Mikey thinks and thinks about a way to stop this mess, and then he remembers the dimension X portal his brothers have, he rushes to Donnie's lab since there would be the place where they would most likely keep something like that portal, he was right, after going through some things for a bit, he found the portal and immediately jumped in, he was gonna stop the invasion from inside, he's been in thatdimension twice now and he learned how to survive there by himself, time was no longer a problem, time and space work in a completely different way than on Earth, time goes by a lot slower and physics are bent and distorted in crazy ways, and as Mikey had learned in his previous experience there, in crazy-backwards land, crazy-backwards dude is king.

Mikey ventured into the bizarre place until he found one of the Kraang's base, it was a big one, but not enough to be the main HQ, but he went inside to check it out anyway, he broke into the vents and crawled around with nothing but hope and despair moving him forward, maybe there was something there that he could use to stop the invasion, maybe a weapon, or even some information, he just begs to the universe that fate will be nice to him and that there's gonna have something useful in that brain alien dumpster for him to use to defeat the Kraang, after a while, he found a big open portal where massive robots were going through, Mikey looked around in panic until something shiny caught his eye, a Kraang crystal was just laying on the floor by a table, he knew how to use that crystal, he could use that crystal, but he's scared, anxious and he doesn't know why or what is making him feel this way.

As much as he wanted to reach out for the crystal, his hands just didn't obey him, they were shaking and for some reason, it started to get harder and harder to breathe, something abiout that situation was setting him off the tracks, maybe it was the atmosphere? Maybe it's the hissing noise from the machines operating? Or maybe it's the presence of the Kraang? So many possibilities, and yet, Mikey can't seem to think straight anymore, the vents seem to start shrinking around Michelangelo, it feels like it's trying to crush him, the claustrophobic feeling sinks and the panic shakes Mikey to the core, in reality, nothing is shrinking, Mikey is just shapeshifting into a bigger, more monsterous version of himself, he's not reacting to a specific thing, he's reacting to the enviroment and situation, it brings back bad memories, so now, his mind is spiralling back to old patterns, as fear, stress and panic build up inside of him, his mind rewinds to the irational state, an animalistic mindset where any thought process is purely built on impulse and reaction, there's no morals playing any big role behind his actions.

The Kraang could've never saw it coming, while they were arranging the hoard of bots for Earth's invasion, the floor and walls start to shake violently before a huge monster just bursts out of nowhere and starts rampaging through the place like a killer tsunami, crushing tons of Kraang in a blink, destroying robotic systems, almost demolishing the whole place just as quickly as he arrived, after a quick rage episode from Michelangelo, he ends up passing out in exaustion for a good couple of minutes, Mikey slowly wakes up from his stress nap, coming back into his senses and realizing the sreer amount of destruction he alone caused, before he could even process what had just happened, he hears the sound of robots approaching, possibly Kraang reinforcement, Mikey had to think fast, he found the Kraang crystals he saw earlier and he quickly started to break and snap them in parts, throwing them in all and every direction, the crystals shards glow and then explode, causing a massive damage, Mikey manages to close the portal leading to New York and steals it away, he climbs on the wall until he finds another section of vents where he scapes through without being spotted.