Chapter 7 - Accidental progress

After about a month of perfecting the antidote, and sadly having to collect more samples from Mikey due to the trial and failure, Donatello finally finds a way to perfectly fuse the antidote with the retromutagen and criating the perfect medicine to cure his little brother's mutation, now all that's left to do is to measure the amount of each dose, he has to do this carefully, too much retromutagen could make Mike turn into a regular, probably non-sentient, turtle.

It was all going well for him until April showed up, she brought with her a chalkboard he borrowed her a few days earlier and an excited Michelangelo, the two were very excited to show them something really cool they found out, Donnie was curious as to what that was all about and paused his work for a bit to listen since it sounded important, April then flipped the chalkboard to show him a chart she made, with her psychic powers and some analyzing, she managed to translate some wordsout of Mikey's new vocabulary, she realised that he was still speaking normal english but it was very distorted.

She still doesn't know the patterns of his speech distortion but she was still able to learn some words from his new language, like their names and other stuff, so she wrote in the charts the words in english and how the words kinda sounded like out of Mikey's mouth:

*this part of the chapter was just me having fun with creating words*

Leonardo = Nyuna (Leo = Nee)

Raphael = Hucooro (Raph = Roo)

Donatello = Baantom (Donnie = Jahah)

April = Cenpog/Cenn

Casey = Arhuga/Aku

Hungry = Granf

Thirsty = Rena

Hot = Kyah

Cold = Vuah

Donatello walked up to the board to take a closer look at April's and Mikey's reasearch, he was very impressed, Mikey tried to talk to him about the stuff they did to study his voice, but then realized Donnie still couldn't understand a word of what he was saying, Mikey was upset but shoved the feeling aside to try and show his brother around the chart, April, meanwhile, was standing nearby and watching the two borthers interact, she began to look around the lab for a bit until she noticed Donnie's glass vials, assuming these were the prototypes of Mikey's antidote, she went to get a better look at it and found some papers laying around.

She picked some of them to read, but she dropped a few papers that seemed important, she went down to get them but she hit her elbow against the table hard, the table shakes and the medicine fusion falls off, Mikey and Donnie heard the loud bump and looked back at April to see the alterated mutagen about to fall on April, Donnie freaks out and sees the flashing silhouette of Michelangelo rushing in with a super speed to save her, Mikey throws himself on top of April to shield her from the mutating liquid that was about to fall on her, successfully doing so, but getting soaked on it as a result, Donatello feels his heart stop for a moment before he throws himself on his knees to desperately assist Michelangelo, who was shrieking in pain.

When Mikey feels his body aching and reacting to the changes, he thought that he was gonna die for sure, despair sank in like water on a vertical pipe, as he looked to his side to see his brother in the verge of tears while trying to help him, trying to heal him, Mikey couldn't bare to see this brother suffer for him, so he has to find a way to spare him from this pain, he can hear April screaming in horror and his hands can sense the vibrations coming from the living room, the others are coming, probably heard the comotion, and with not much time, Mikey grabs Donnie and April by the arm and rushes them to the entrance of the lab, pushing them out of the room as he closes the door and locks it tight, keeping them away to not watch him crumble, he takes a few steps back, getting away from the door, and then a sharp pain rushed through his whole body, making him fall on the floor and curl up into a ball to cry it out.

The others were in complete and utter shock to see what happened, Donnie starts to bang on the door like crazy, while April meets up with Leo, Raph and Casey to explain the situation and ask for help, everyone joins in, trying to break down the door despite the fact that Donnie reinforced it for this exact type of scenario, so most of their efforts are useless, they can only fear and listen to the gruesome noises Mikey was making, they were coming from inside the room, as screams, growls, squeals, cries, and over all, not good stuff, this memory will probably be a life-long trauma for all of them.

After nearly a hour of agony and suffering, the Lair goes silent, the 5 teens are desperate to know what's going on in there, Donnie knocks on the door holding onto the dear thread of hope of hearing an answer, everyone's quiet, curious to see if any sound will come out from behind the locked door, Casey, impatient as he was, puts his ear against the door to listen in, he can hear a sound, like if there's something being dragged across the floor, it's awkward but it still sparks the attention of the others, as everyone stood there anxiously, a clicking sound was heard and the door slowly opened.....

(cliffhanger hehe)