Chapter 15 - An eery break

Now outside of the base, Mikey gets a moment to breathe and look around for a second, his kraangified eye is suddenly the superior vision as he sees the world around him much clearer, it's like he can break down the very composition of his surroundings, he navigates through the land in awe, despite his memories of there that are not good, the familiarity of the place felt somewhat comforting, Mikey did a big jump to the great pink void and simply floats there for a bit, if feels like there's no gravity holding him down, his body feels completely weightless as his organs just seem to float loosely inside him, it makes him get a bit sick but nothing that he didn't eventually got used to, it was kind of fun even, he just let the flow of the dimension X take him wherever he must get to, but for the time being, he ends up shutting his eyes and doing some sort of meditation, reflecting about stuff, basically making a therapy session with himself inside his own mind, rationing his thoughts and ideas in order to understand the situation he's in, not that he's too worried about it, it seems, he was almost asleep.

Mikey ends up relaxing, empting his mind, he closes his eyes for a while, his body becomes a bit flaccid, the near lack of gravity allows Mikey to go limp and simply float around aimlessly with no control over where he ends up, he just drifts away patiently, waiting until he reaches a spot to land, he's not scared, he's not in a rush, he's just enjoying the tranquility as if it's the first he ever felt such calm, time is on his side, there's no need to fear or stress over, Mikey feels his body suddenly weighing down, he slowly comes to his senses and prepares to land on his feet, but since he barely even moved his body, the fall was so slow that he took almost 2 whole minutes just to put his foot on the ground, he took a moment to fully wake up and proceed with his plan to go home, but not before he saw a Kraang ship heading his way, probably tracking the portal he stole, which he calmly opens and walks through with not much of a problem, he takes the portal back and breaks it in half before heading home.

He doesn't know if what he did made that much of a difference, but he was already told to stay away from all this, he just needed to relieve his consciousness by doing something to help, his mind starts to stir back in place, the peaceful aura eventually wears off as he remembers where he stands, the bad thoughts try to catch up to him but Michelangelo shuts them out, ignoring his paranoias and keeping his cool, he can't afford to freak out just now, he just heads back to the Lair and goes into the bathroom, seeing something that really scares him the first time he sees it, the whitish spots on his skin are more prominent, the scaly parts of his second mutation spread a bit, not much, but it was still very noticeable, his family would see it and he was worried about how they would react to it.

Mikey sits on the bathtub and tries to calm down, the cool temperature of the ceramic helped him chill down, he was finally relaxing, he was thinking about turning on the water and taking a bath, but before he could even move, he hears a knocking on the door, his hearing probably failed him again, the Kraang were probably in the other side of that door, ready to take his head on a platter, or maybe even worse, maybe they were going to take him back to their labs as a prisioner and who knows what kind of hell would be awaiting him, he suddenly felt the fear that his brothers were probably taken in too, Mikey was about to break down in fear until he heard an actual familiar voice in the other side of the door.

🟣 - "Mikey? Is that you in there?"

🟠 - "...... Donnie?"

🟣 - "Hey, buddy. Is everything ok?"

🟠 - "Y-yeah... are you all ok?"

🟣 - "Yeah... a bit, it was a long fight, but we should be fine, are you ok? You're locked in the bathroom."

🟠 - "I-I... I... sure, I-I am, I just need a moment."

🟣 - "... uh... ok."

Donnie notices the anxiety in Mikey's voice, but he's not sure if he's able to help him out, so instead, he goes to Leo to have him check on Mikey instead.

🟣 - "Hey Lee, Mikey is locked in the bathroom and I think something's up, can you try to talk to him?"

🔵 - "Really? Ok, I'll be there in a minute, I just hope he's okay."

🟣 - "Do you think the invasion got to him?"

🔵 - "I don't think that's the deal."

🟣 - "You think it's about the.... the things he said earlier?"

🔵 - "Maybe... I'm gonna see what I can do."