Cali

My eyes scan over Owen as I realize how much I have fucked up. Not only am I about to get fired. And yes I could care less about signing an NDA, but this was a great opportunity for me to expand my experience in my career. Owen looks just like Aiden, except his features are darker. His hair is dirty blonde and his eyes are a darker blue. He's shorter than Aiden by maybe two inches. Yet he still towers so far over me.

The movement's they make when they talk are the same. How the hell did I not know. How did I let this happen. Evelyn wont be angry with me, but I know how she is. She will not let this go. She knows I don't get serious with anyone and she's going to be worried.

Biting my bottom lip I let my head hang. "Fuck Cali. With my brother...who also works in this building." Aiden runs a hand through his hair.

"I didn't even know you worked here," I admit. I knew he owned a few businesses, but not this one. Evelyn and I don't really make our conversations about Aiden unless they're fighting.

"Cali I have a strict rule about employee's sleeping with each other, but since I can't really fire you I'll turn a blind eye. Just don't let me catch you two doing anything other than work. Not even outside of the office." He shakes his head.

"Don't worry Aiden. You already know I don't do relationships." Shaking my head I look at Owen who tilts his head to the side. I'm glad I get to keep my job.

Aiden looks at his brother. "This is Evelyn's best friend who moved here with her," Aiden says.

Owen's eyes widen as he looks at me. "That explains the American accent."

"Now Cali I trust there will be no more issues in my brother's department. I plan to fully treat you like an employee." He says.

Nodding I raise my head. "Yes, sir there won't."

"Good. You two may leave." He raises a brow at Owen and Owen nods. He starts to walk out and I follow behind him.

It's about time for me to get off of work and pick Liam up. I managed to find a babysitter for him while he's on summer break. Schools are about to start back up though and I have no clue which one I want to send him to. Looking down at my phone I see a new message from Daniela.

Daniela: I gave Liam his favorite snack. So far he still hasn't said much. Just watching TV as usual.

Me: Okay thank you I'm on my way home.

Owen crosses his arms as he walks up next to me. "So you're Evelyn's friend?" He asks.

Our eyes meet and I nod. "Yes, I moved here with her 5 years ago. I've just never met her husband's family." I add.

He tilts his head to the side. "Why did you move out here away from you're family?"

"Well I like to try out new things and London was something new." I smile looking around the office. I mean look where I am. A nice job that pays well. Something that has everything to do with my career.

His phone suddenly starts to ring. "Have a good afternoon Cali." He smiles before answering his phone and walking off. Grabbing my keys out of my purse I head down the stairs.

_______

Liam runs up to me and hugs me as soon as I get into the house. "Hi, there bud." I smile as he burries his face into my legs.

"You're always gone for a long time." he pouts up at me.

"Yeah bud I'm always working." Bending down to his level I pinch his cheek. "But I'm not gone that long." I smile.

He crosses his arms. "I don't like the babysitter. She's so boring." He whines.

"Liam." I scold and then look towards Daniela.