Owen

Tapping my fingers on the desk as I sit in my seat I sigh. There's a meeting today and my client is late. Everyone in the room around the table is starting to get impatient. This is very unprofessional and I don't like people who are late.

Cali walks into the office along with our other new worker Breaden. They stand to the side of the room and then my client walks in. Rodger is a 50-year-old man who owns many buildings in New York.

"Sorry, I'm late. I got lost trying to get here." He says fixing his tie.

"Rodger you had us all waiting," I announce. "Since you're here though let's not waste any more time."

Rodger nods as he takes his seat at the end of the table. When I look at Cali and bradenI motion for them to start off. The tradition in our company is to let our new workers try and sell one of our buildings after their first month.

Cali walks over to the board and points at the sales. "This is the predicted sales. The ones in red is how much you're going to lose because of the location, but the ones in blue is how much you will gain. You sell designer clothing is that right sir?" Cali says standing firm and making eye contact with Rodger.

"Yes." He nods as he rubs his chin.

"Well, sir if you look here most of the wealthy people in London live in this part. The middle-class people live just right down the street from here. If you decided to buy this building you will be making 4 billion dollars just off of the location alone. Right now you only make 1 billion and this is a great opportunity for you to get more shares." She adds.

Rodger sits up in his seat amused by Cali. When I look at her our eyes meet and I start smiling. I knew it was a good idea to hire her. She steps back for Braden to take over.

"Now as for traffic in the area, it will be tricky for people to get in and out fast. That means there are people more likely to come into the store to get out of traffic and look around.: He starts then he takes a deep breath. "There will also be more upper-class people in the area t-to." He stops and Rodger leans back in his seat.

Cali steps back up with a smile on her face. "There will be more wealthy people in the area giving you more business opportunities. They will see your store and talk about it making it a worldwide thing. Once you buy this building the rest is up to you." Cali says.

Then they turn to the last slide on their presentation. Everyone in the room claps for the two. Braden messed up and even stuttered, he's going to need more practice getting houses sold to bigger people than the people he's used to.

Rodger stands up and holds his hand out for the two. Cali takes his hand first and he gives her a firm shake. "You're going to go to big places young lady." Rodger smiles.

Then he shakes Braden's hand and turns to me. "You've got a new customer. I'm going to buy the building." He adds.

Standing up out of my seat I smile. "Great doing business with you Rodger." Taking his hand into mine I give him a firm shake and my eyes land on Cali again. She bites her bottom lip as she turns red.

"Alright everyone is dismissed. Cali I would like to see you in my office before you leave." I say and she nods.

Rodger and I walk out of the conference room. When I turn to him he's on his phone dialing a number. "I'll see you tomorrow so you can sign the papers after I show you around the building," I say fixing my tie.

"Okay, I'll be there." He says before walking towards the exit of the building. Pulling out my phone I send a text to the building group chat.

Me: I will be treating my team to drinks tonight to celebrate.

They all like my message with hearts and cheering emojis. Cali walks out of the room and her eyes meet mine. "Good job in there," I say.

"Thank you, Mr. Sawyer, but this isn't my first rodeo. I don't need you to congratulate me as if I'm not basically a pro at my job." She raises a brow.

Smirking at her I look at the papers in her hand. "Well, congratulations then on another sell." I correct myself.

"Thank you. I'll be waiting for you in my office." She points to my office door. That shouldn't affect me as much as it does. It's not like we are about to go in there and sleep together. All we're doing is talking. Yet I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have her on my desk. Bent over and begging for me. Just like she did the first night we met.

Licking my lips I start to make my way to my office.

.....

When I get into my office she's sitting in the seat on the other side of my desk. Closing the door behind me I then walk over to my desk seat and sit down. She fumbles with her fingers and looks everywhere but at me.

"Your skills are a lot better than I imagined. You carried yourself with grace and confidence, that's what we need for this company." I say.

"What can I say? I'm great at my job." She smiles and finally looks up. Silence washes over us as our eyes meet once again.

"I'll put a good word in with Aiden. Meanwhile." I start and pause as I pull some papers out of my desk. Placing them in front of her I finish. "I would like for you to take on this project."

Her brows furrow as she looks down at the paper. "This is a really important project, Owen! I mean Mr. Sawyer." She starts. "Are you sure you're ready to trust me with something like this?" She asks.

Nodding I lean my head against my hand. "Yes, in the conference room today you showed me that you're more than capable of handling this project."

"T-thank you, Mr. Sawyer. I really appreciate this." She smiles excitedly. Smiling with her I get out of my seat and head for the door.

"Will you be able to make it to the party tonight?" I ask her and her eyes widen.

"Oh well-" She trails off. "Yeah, I'll try to make it."

"If you can't then that's fine. I know you have a kid to take care of."

As I open the door she gets out of her seat. "No, I can make it." She says as she heads out the door. As I watch her walk away I start to wonder. Why is she taking care of a kid if it's not hers? Who is he? It's none of my business though so I should stop wondering.