Cali

As I walk into the bar I take a deep breath. When Owen put that paper on my desk I was so shocked. He gave me a project for this big celebrity that's supposed to do a review of their company for a newspaper. He trusts me that much. I wouldn't do anything to mess up AIden's company. If I didn't think I couldn't do it then I wouldn't. but I have a lot of trust in my ability.

The girls I met on my first day comes up to me. "It's not every day that you see Mr. Sawyer buying the company drinks after a new employee ends up making a deal." She smiles as she sips her drink.

"Well, I'm glad he decided to buy the drinks today. I could really use one." I say looking at the bar that I haven't seen in a month. I'm going to enjoy today since this is the only day I could find Liam a babysitter.

Evelyn wanted to babysit Liam after she heard we were having a grad party so he's over her house right now. "Let's go to the bar then" She pulls me towards the bar and I follow her.

I decided to wear a short red dress with a black jacket to cover up my arms just in case it got cold in here. Once we get to the bar I see Owen sitting there sipping on his drink. He's talking to a man and laughing with him. Once I lean on the bar next to him he looks up at me.

His breath gets caught as his eyes slowly roam over my body. Clearing my throat I call the bartender over. "What can I get you?" He asks.

"A martini please," I say trying to start light. This is a work party after all I can't get too drunk. The bartender writes down my order before disappearing to the back.

"Okay so I know this is a work event, but that man over there is kinda hot." She says pointing across the bar. There are two men sitting there. One of them is eyeing her up and down.

"You should go talk to him." I smile encouraging her to go over there.

"I'm a shy person, there's no way I can go over there" She turns back towards the bar and leans on it.

"Want me to call him over then? I ask. She runs her hand through her hair and nods.

Looking towards the guy I smile as I call him over. He taps his friend whose lost in his drinks shoulder. Then he points over here at me calling them over. They both slide out of their seats and head towards us. Owen glances at the men with an annoyed expression.

Not thinking too much into it I continue drinking my drink. The men come over to us. "Hello ladies." The man my friend is insterested in says to her.

"H-Hi" She waves shyly.

He licks his bottom lip as he towers over her. "Can I buy you drinks?" He asks her.

"Sure." She says and they both walk off to another part of the bar.

The man in front of me crosses his arms and sighs. "Just like Justin to find some woman and leave me at the bar all by myself." He says watching them.

"And why aren't you doing the same?" I ask him with a smile.

He shrugs and brings his eyes to me. "As pretty as all the ladies here are." He stops as his eyes scan over me. "I only came here for a drink tonight."

Humming I nod. "Good that's all I came here for too. Would you like to join me?" I ask, but am interupted my someone clearing their throat.

We both turn to Owen who has his full body turned towards me. "Cali I have a strict rule about flirting during work celebrations." He raises a brown.

Furrowing my brow I scrunch up my face. "We were just going to have a talk. You also didn't say anything to Carly."

"I don't make the rules Cali. Company policies." He smirks.

Sighing I look back at the guy. "Looks like that guy doesn't want you talking to me. It's okay though maybe we might meet again." He smiles.

"Yeah maybe."

The man dusts himself off before walking to an empty booth on the other side of the bar all by himself. When I turn around I glare at Owen, but he's back in conversation with his coworker.

Tapping his shoulder I smile at the man he's talking to. "Can I talk to Owen alone."

The man nods and smiles. "Of course, by the way good job today Ms. Smith."

"Thank you." I say sitting down next to Owen. He turns towards me with a smile on his face as the man walks away. He's acting as if he doesn't know what he just did. "What the fuck Owen!" I whisper yell.

"Careful Cali. I'm still your boss." His fingers brush against my kneecap.

"You can't just sit here and tell me who I can and can't talk to. I wasn't even going to sleep with that man." Crossing my arms I glare right at him. Downing my drink I grab another one and don't waste any time drinking it.

"Well I wanted to talk to you tonight, so I guess he wont get the opportunity." Owen straigtens up and looks at me.

"We have nothing to talk about Owen. I'm trying to enjoy myself without you getting in the way."

"You said that you haven't been out in a while. Does that mean you haven't had sex in a while." Owen says moving closer to my ear.

"W-what." My face starts to heat up. Not that it's any of his buisness, but why would he want to talk about that.

He turns back towards the bar as I gape at him. "Well I have a proposal." He whispers.

"And what is that proposal?" I ask.

He bites his bottom lip and looks down in between us. When I see his hand resting on my thigh my eyes widen. Looking around the bar I try to make sure no one can see this.

"Don't worry, it's dark over here and everyone is too drunk to even look this way." He says looking at me again.

His fingers slide up my thigh and I watch with curiosity. If I had my regular routine of taking men home I might have stopped him. I don't sleep with the same guy twice, but it wouldn't be so bad taking Owen to my home. He isn't some crazy stranger.

My eyes flutter closed as his finger tips glide up my dress skirt. A small hum escapes my mouth. "Owen we can't be doing this in front of everyone." My voice is low as I feel his fingertips slide into my panties.

"Then meet me in the back." He whispers. When he removes his hand my leg suddenly feels cold. Biting my bottom lip I watch him slide out of his seat and make his way to the back.