Cali

Sitting in Evelyn's kitchen I watch her cook. I brought Liam over to play with Scarlett's cousin who is around his age. His name is Davinchi and their starting school around the same time. Honestly, I got tired of having him in the house all the time. It wasn't helping him having so much time to think about his parent's death when he could distract himself.

Evelyn takes her spatula and points it at me. "So Aiden tells me you work for his company now." She smiles.

Nodding I cross my arms. "Yes, I had no idea Aiden would ever be my boss one day."

"Well you don't really know much about him so I knew you had no idea he even ran that company." She says.

Evelyn and I don't make our conversations about Aiden. It's very obvious since I had no idea who Owen even was. We usually catch up on life stuff and our jobs.

"I also heard about the situation with Owen." She raises a brow. My eyes widen and my face heats up. Well, I expected that to get back to Evelyn.

"It was just a one-time thing. I had no idea who he was." I say.

"You don't have to explain Cal. Just be careful, Owen isn't the type to just sleep around." She turns back towards her food. I have no intention of ever sleeping with Owen again, nor getting into a serious relationship.

Before I can say anything else Aiden walks through the door. "Hey babe." He smiles once he sees her. She stands up straight from the counter and smiles.

"Hey." Walking over to him she wraps her arms around him and kisses him on the cheek as he hugs her. "How was work." She asks.

"Well, I'm going through all the paperwork I'm going to be giving to Cali and her new coworker tomorrow," Aiden says looking at me and I groan.

"Can't wait." I smile. All jokes aside though I'm glad I get to work alongside someone I know. Aiden's my boss and his wife is my best friend. I'm going to have a lot more comfortable work life than I was having before.

"It's your turn to wash Scarlett tonight." She smiles.

He sighs and pouts his face. "Raincheck?" He asks.

"Only if you rub my feet tonight." She raises a brow.

He rests his head on her neck. "I'll be doing a lot more than that tonight." Her face starts to turn red as he lets her go and heads up the stairs. Oh to be in love.

She shakes her head and turns towards me again. Looking out the window I see Davinchi pushing Liam on the swing. Liam is smiling and it causes me to smile.

"So how you liking having a kid?" She asks.

Shrugging I turn back towards her. "It's not as bad as I thought yet." I smile. "Then again I would say I need to give it another week or two," I add.

"Liam told his babysitter he thought she was boring."

Evelyn turns towards me wide-eyed. "Kids never know when to not as                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       y things like that huh." She shakes her head.

"Nope, but the babysitter said she's used to it. Still, I feel really bad. " Sighing I say.

She shrugs and takes the pan off the stove. "He'll learn eventually." She takes the pot of food and dumps it into a large bowel.