CHAPTER 7: JONES VS NATALIA

Let me just say that we both did some damage.

Natalia fired her magic orb at me but I parried the attack, and the orb exploded at my feet. I fired at her with my left, shooting flames that flew thirty feet strong. She flew to the left, tossing and shooting orbs of magic energy. I parried every shot and threw more fire, but she dodged and landed in the scrapyard. She raised a hand and several scraps of metal levitated, then flew at me with a push of her hand.

I simply let the scraps get close to me, then aimed my hand and concentrated, creating an explosion in my hand that threw the pieces away. My sword disappeared and I shot fire at her to blow forty feet strong. She flew up, but I simply aimed higher. She flew to the left and shot an orb mid-flight, but I didn't summon my sword fast enough. The orb slammed on my stomach and the resulting explosion threw me out of the scrapyard and into the street.

I rolled back and sprung up to see Natalia fly right at me, several scraps of metal ripping apart and flying at her hand to form the perfect metal fist. Before I could dodge she gave me a blow to the cheek that slammed me down.

She flew up and laughed, "You still getting started?!"

"Natalia!" Stan flew to her, his dragonfly wings buzzing. He grabbed her arm and said, "That's enough!"

"Not for me!" I jumped at her, using my flames to thrust me up a few feet. I fired at her, but Stan yelled "No!" And pushed her out of the way.

My flames only burnt him for an intense second, and he yelled in pain. But by the time I'd stopped some of his skin had blackened and his wings had burnt off.

"No!" Natalia and I chorused. She held him before he could fall and carried him to the ground. His skin was starting to heal, but he still looked pretty bad.

I landed and came over, my breathing tense. "I- I'm so sorry, Nat...I didn't mean to-"

She shot me twenty feet back.

"Nat-" Stan coughed, his face already regaining its colour."Hey, I'm fine. I'll heal up in a sec."

Natalia looked at him and smiled a bit.

But then she looked up at me and flew at me yelling, "You're gonna pay for that!"

I got up and fired at her to hold her back, but she just flew to the side and fired me through a fence.

I slammed onto the wall of an abandoned house and Natalia fired at me again. Luckily, I summoned my sword and parried the attack just in time.

She fired again and again, but I dodged, sprinting to the side as she shot and shot and shot again. The explosions were so many I was surprised my ears weren't ringing so hard.

I burst out of the fence into the street and fired at Natalia, who raised her hands in defence. As she did so, the ground below her cracked and the pieces flew up to form a shield.

After a few seconds, I fired harder, my flames reaching up to fifty feet. The roofs of the buildings three blocks in a row caught fire.

Natalia's shield held up for a bit, but the force of my flames was so intense several pieces were starting to break off, and the fire was starting to creep through. Immediately Natalia flew up and tossed a magic orb at me. I barely even saw the orb in time before it slammed me right in the face.

I hit the ground with a thud, my ears ringing. I  staggered up, but just then a barrage of rocks that used to be part of the road flew at me, slamming me into the next building.

I staggered up, pushing away the rocks, only for Natalia to fly into the building and slam me through the wall with another fist of metal.

I staggered back as she punched me again and again. At some point blood flew out of my mouth, and then she punched me onto a wall.