CHAPTER 9: THE BOYS

The train station was gone by the time the fight was over.

Too far?

Right. I should get you up to speed first.

Mac and Stan turned to see the boys rush at us.

"Uh, you guys know each other?" Mac asked.

That's when the boy in blue flew.

He jumped and flew right at me, but Stan was faster. His wings sprung out of his back and he slammed the boy away.

The people around us started to panic, but the boy in black simply rushed right at me.

Mac rushed at him, but some policemen rushed at the boy and tackled him down.

The boy frowned, "Mortals."

The nearest policeman caught fire.

Hell fire.

My eyes widened in shock as the policeman screamed for an agonising second, and that was it. He wasn't burnt to ashes, there was barely anything left of him. He'd just burned out of existence.

The boy looked at the other policemen, "One step closer and you meet the same fate."

He looked at me, "Speaking of which-"

I didn't let him come any closer before I threw twenty feet of flames at him. The police ducked out of the way, but some started to shoot at me.

"Hey!" I raised a hand and screamed, "I'm the good guy!"

My flames died off, but the boy still stood.

He rushed at me again, and before I could summon my sword to slash at him, Hannah's steel boot came from nowhere and slammed him into the nearest wall.

She landed and turned to me, "What's going on here?!"

"You're asking like we have a clue," Mac laughed, and then Stan flew over us.

He crashed into a wall and flew out at the flying boy, who pushed at him.

Several benches ripped off the floor and flew at Stan, who dodged them. He threw his sword at the boy, who waved a hand. The sword changed course and flew at me, but Mac caught it.

I turned to Hannah, "We'll, if you're asking for what we know, we're fighting fly-boy over there, and that guy you kicked can wield hell fire."

"Hell fire?" She looked like she couldn't believe what she just heard, "How-"

"My guess is Anubis," Mac tossed the sword to Stan, who caught it. He flew at the boy, who pushed at him. A gale of wind suddenly threw Stan back, and he crashed into a pillar.

Mac turned to us and said, "What's the plan?"

Hannah looked at the fly-boy, who was being assaulted by Natalia's magic orbs. He tried to fly away, but one sent him into the wall.

Hannah turned to us and said, "Mac, you, Natalia, and Stan deal with the flying kid. Try to get him down, and make sure he stays down. Jones and I will handle hell-boy."

Mac nodded and tossed the nearest bench at the fly-boy, who saw it coming too late.

Hannah and I turned to see the hell kid walk towards us.

You know," he said, "I was honestly sent to kill the boy," he looked at Hannah, "If you wanna see the sun rise again I advise you to let me do my job."

I summoned my sword, and he said, "Aww. You have a sword."

He opened his hand, and a stark black sword appeared. The sword was so black it seemed to be made out of darkness itself.

Remembering my dream, I looked at him, unsure. "Anubis?"