05

After they had found out where they had been taking D, Taehyung called out a sudden meeting with his fellow officers. Not much of the thing Namjoon was allowed to hook up with, he walks into Hoseok's ward, where he had been resting after a little surgery.

He wasn't hoping much from Hoseok either though he might wake up by now. But if he did, maybe I can speak to him? When he walked into the room, he found the room unusual silence. There's no one with him, not even Da Won who had been next to him the whole night after the surgery and even after dawn. But not now.

Da Won's presence was consistently louder and she often forgets that she is in the hospital. Not to complain about this, but she never felt safer leaving Hoseok out of sight for more than 5 minutes after the incident, while before that she had never visited him for 2 years just because of their safety. But now, the word safety has lost its meaning for this cult.

Namjoon couldn't think of whether Da Won would be coming sooner or if she went to get freshen up at her apartment. All he needed was a little of Hoseok's precious time to speak his heart out without any interruption from anyone else's presence.

He walks straight toward the window and adjusts the curtains to allow enough light to enter the room. Turning back to Hoseok, he also makes sure that the sun's rays weren't harsh on Hoseok's pale skin. And just as he kept looking at him, he began to convey his words, whether Hoseok is listening or not or just pretending to be unconscious with no interest in his words.

"Thank You..." He said respectfully
His expressions grew softer and softer and then you could see his pain.

"What you did back there was incredible. I might not know how it is to stand against your friend or family to whom you once devoted to. At least, I can tell it's not easy." He looked at Hoseok, hoping he would be awake, staring at him with utter surprise, but he wasn't. Namjoon moved his gaze to his fidgeting fingers that never rested when he was nervous.

He continued... "You might wake up asking about her, but let me tell you, we will find her and get her home safe and sound. And there's nothing to feel guilty about."

By this time, Namjoon had completely forgotten about his surroundings. He didn't notice Da Won standing by the door listening to him. For a reason, she stayed quiet not to break his will to speak his heart out to an officer who did his job alright.

"I only knew her since she participated in the contest. She is a bright child, to be honest, and a bit stubborn too. But there's something strange as well. I have felt like I have encountered her in my office with Susan once. And there was some sort of memories like, she had been given some sort of assignment to complete. It's more like a dream, I remember. And ever since that, I feel very soft to her." Namjoon took a deep breath

"What's the reason you wanted to work with this case?"

Da Won who stood silently started to speak up as she moved forward.
"I'm afraid, he can't answer that even when he is conscious."

Namjoon looked puzzled.
"People might think he just wants to show how much he hates the cult and its leader, especially that guy named Min Yoongi and his brotherly friend Park Jimin. It's because he hates the cult but wants to save Yoongi and Jimin too. A hope that they will agree to change and live a normal life like Hoseok. I know, once he succeeds with this he will himself step out as a police officer and spend his days with Yoongi and Jimin." She paused as she plopped on Hoseok's bed at the edge.

Why don't you sit? Let's talk." She said, words very sweet that Namjoon couldn't believe he just heard it.

When she saw him in the hospital yesterday, she was furious and was against letting him go inside, but now she was calm enough to speak to him.