07

D could feel herself sinking deeper and deeper and then as if she was suddenly starting to float as the weight in her lungs was getting reduced. She was awake somewhere in the sea but couldn't open her eyes, she thought. A moment later she felt a sudden release of dizziness and was able to open her eyes, slowly adjusting to the bright sunlight. There was someone who was this close to her, almost upon her. She wanted to push that person off but then realized what was happening. A young guy was performing CPR on her.

She almost got her arms up to push him aside, but he was quick to move when he realized she is awake. D still couldn't look at him without several blinks. He supports her back and helps her to wake up. her hand holding his right arm sharing her weight.

" It's alright, you are fine," he said as he began rubbing her back to keep her warm. Instantly, she nodded. This time, she made an effort to look at her surroundings. The sea was ahead of them and she laid in the sand with a stranger who must have saved her. She quickly glanced at him- his clothes that were soaked with salt water and his arm that lay on her skin and then, his face. And what she saw was beyond her imagination. If Yoongi and Jimin are here in the real world then, there are others too and Jungkook was the first to prove her.

The hands that rested on his right arm slowly moved to his face. Her lips parted to call out his name and her sight filled with tears. She might not have had much interaction with him, but they knew each other. He had shared his pain with her, they were connected somehow, she knew and she hoped for him to at least remember her and not turn into someone else who is also after her.

"I'm JK!" he said making her go silent, But she continued to stare back though her hand dropped back to its place. She tried to stand up on her feet and as she succeeded, she owed him a thanks and started to walk ahead by the shore. It was after walking for about a few steps, she realized he was following her. She didn't fear though, but she didn't like to be followed and for all that what is waiting for her on the board in the sea, it was not worth involving anyone further though they were to help her.

"You said I'm fine. I can find my way from here," she said, but he smiled foolishly.

"But where would you go? You know no one here nor do you seem to have money."

D nodded slightly with a foolish smile that turns into a silent sob in seconds. After all, she knows none here and did Yasmin actually plan anything for her? or was it all a lie?

With a trembling voice, she asks," How do you know that I know nobody here?"

He laughed. "I was sent to get you to the shore safe and sound from that ship. Why do you think a random guy would swim in the middle of the sea?"

D involuntarily moved a few steps toward him, " who sent you?"

JK struggled between her question and the risk they had to face staying on the shore for a longer time. "Can we talk about that later? We need to leave now!"

She refused strongly. Why wouldn't she? What if he turns out to be working for Yoongi or Jimin? But, her stubbornness reminds him of someone, someone he can still hear out of his memories but cannot imagine how she looked like, the biggest mystery in his life. He froze for a few seconds lost in his memories.

She calls him out but still couldn't seem to hear her until her touch on his arm snapped him out of his memories. He was a bit startled and uneasy with his breathing but, he was fine.

"Are you alright?" she began to worry for him. Maybe he was sick? No more protest and she was ready to go with him without bothering to ask again who actually sent him to save her.

They were in front of a white mansion after a walk along the shore for about 6 minutes. She turned towards him with suspicion. But he knew he had to owe her some details. "This is my mansion. You can stay here with me for a couple of days until someone comes to take you back to Seoul."