Chapter 1: Singapore

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

"Some have died, some are alive. Others sail on the sea. With the keys to the cage and the devil to pay. We lay to Fiddler's Green."

Elizabeth and (Y/n) sat in a small boat, rowing along a river that ran through a dark and murky Chinese town. They were dressed in Chinese clothing, and quietly singing a song, and glancing around cautiously.

"The bell has been raised from its watery grave, hear its sepulchral tone. A call to all. Pay heed the squall."

They both looked up nervously as they saw a group of Beckett's soldiers crossing over a bridge above them.

Ever since Norrington had given him the heart of Davy Jones, Beckett had completely taken over the seas, and has been killing anyone who was a pirate, or associates with pirates.

Elizabeth and (Y/n)'s canoe came up to a small dock, where they tied off their little boat and climbed out.

"Turn your sails to home. Yo-ho, haul together. Hoist the colors high. Yo-ho thieves—."

"Thief and beggar." A new voice interrupted.

Elizabeth and (Y/n) looked ahead of them and saw three men approaching them. The one in the lead had continued to mockingly sing the song.

"Never shall we die." He finished. "A dangerous song to be singing for anyone who are ignorant of its meaning. Particularly women. Particularly women alone." He leered.

"What makes you think they're alone?" Someone asked.

The three men turned to see Barbossa approaching them.

"You protect them?"

Elizabeth and (Y/n) pulled out daggers and pointed them at the man's throat.

"What makes you think we need protecting?" (Y/n) asked mockingly.

"You're master's expecting us." Barbossa told the three men. "And an unexpected death'd cast a slight pall on our meeting."

Elizabeth and (Y/n) lowered their daggers, just as they heard the voices of soldiers. All of them ducked under and archway as they marched by. The men then gestured for (Y/n), Elizabeth, and Barbossa to follow them.

...

Back in the river that flowed through the town, the rest of the crew of the Black Pearl, were sneaking through the water with coconut hats and straws to breathe. They snuck under a wooden bridge and removed their disguises.

Above them, through the wooden floor of the bridge, they watched as a woman wheeling a cart stopped above them. But it wasn't just any woman. It was Tia Dalma in disguise.

Jack the monkey was on her cart and started winding up a giant music box that began to play loud music, to cover the noise of the crew sawing through the metal grate below them.

...

"Have you heard anything from Will?" Elizabeth asked Barbossa.