Chapter 6: Up is Down

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

The sun began to rise over the water, as the Black Pearl continued to sail forward. Pintel lifted his bottle to his lips and went to drink, but nothing came out.

"No water." He rasped. "Why is all but the rum gone?"

Gibbs sat by him and looked through an empty bottle. "Rum's gone too." He replied sadly.

Will and Tia stood by the rail, looking out into the distance. Will's gaze shifted to Elizabeth who was sitting on the stairs, looking heartbroken. (Y/n) had moved to go sit next to her, and was rubbing her back soothingly. Momentarily forgetting about her anger towards her.

"If we cannot escape these doldrums before night, I fear we will sail on trackless seas. Doomed to roam de reach between worlds. Forever."

Gibbs came up beside her. "With no water, forever looks to be arriving a mite too soon."

Will looked over to where Barbossa was standing and glared at him. "Why doesn't he do something?" He grumbled. "And the green flash happens at sunset. Not sunrise."

...

Jack sat by a crate that had the charts on top of it. He began to spin the disks till he made a new sentence.

"'Up is down?' Well that's just maddeningly unhelpful. Why are these things never clear?" He complained.

"Clear as mud, Jackie." A voice whispered.

Jack jumped in surprise. "Eh? What?"

A miniature Jack appeared on his right shoulder. "Stab the heart." He told him.

"No, don't stab the heart." Another tiny Jack appeared on his left shoulder.

"Come again?" Big Jack asked.

"The Dutchman must have a Captain." Lefty said.

"Well that's even more than less than unhelpful." Jack replied.

"Sail the sea for eternity." Righty encouraged.

Jack smiled brightly. "I love the sea."

"But you won't have (Y/n)." Lefty pointed out.

Jack frowned deeply. "I do love (Y/n)."

"What about port?" Righty added.

"I prefer rum. Rum's good." Jack stated.

"Making port. Where we can get rum, and have (Y/n)...Once every ten years." Lefty reminded him.

"What'd he say?" Righty asked.

"Once every ten years." Jack repeated.

"Ten years is a long time mate." Righty agreed.

"Even longer given the deficit of rum." Jack said.

"But eternity is longer still." Righty argued.