Chapter 13: Married at Last

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Aboard the Dutchman, Mercer had seen the maelstrom, and began to panic. "Veer off!" He ordered.

Davy Jones stepped up to the wheel, and pushed a soldier out of the way. "She'll not harm us. Full-bore and into the abyss."

"Are you mad?" Mercer exclaimed.

Davy Jones looked to him and laughed. "Ha! You afraid to get wet?"

...

Davy Jones sailed right for the maelstrom, and the Black Pearl took notice.

"She's on our stern and gaining!" Will reported.

"More speed! Haul your wind and hold your water."

...

"Bow cannons!" Jones commanded.

The cannons at the front of the ship extended and fired at the Black Pearl.

...

Will ran to Barbossa. "Take us out or they'll overbear us."

Barbossa shook his head. "Nay. Further in. We'll cut across to faster waters."

"Prepare to broadside!" (Y/n) yelled to the crew.

"Captain the guns. Bear a hand." Gibbs ordered.

"Muster your courage men. At the ready!" Will encouraged.

...

Meanwhile, Jack was pacing back and forth in his cell surrounded by clones, muttering to himself.

"Think like the whelp, get back to (Y/n), think like the whelp, get back to (Y/n), think like the whelp, get back to (Y/n). Hinges. Think like the whelp, get back to (Y/n), half barrel hinges." Jack paused in his tracks. "Leverage."

Jack used a wooden pole and stuck it through the bars. Then he put his weight on it, and lifted the door off its hinges.

"Wish us luck boys, we'll need it." He called to his clones, as he ran out of the cell.

"I miss him already."

"He is quite charming, isn't he?"

"And he's got a very attractive lass."

...

The Black Pearl sailed around the maelstrom, with the Dutchman on the other side.

"Batten down the hatches!" Gibbs yelled. He went below deck. "Stand to your guns. Midship cannoneers, sight the masts."

The cannons extended from the Pearl, preparing to fire at the Dutchman.

"Hold there! Wait till we're board-and-board."

"Fire!" Barbossa shouted.

"Fire!" (Y/n) repeated.

"Fire! Fire all!" Gibbs shouted.