Chapter 9: Leaving a Trail

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Jack and (Y/n) lay side by side, with their hands joined between them, catching their breath.

"You alright love? Didn't wear you out too much I hope."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "Very funny Jack."

"It's alright if you can't keep up darling. Just means you're going to need lots and lots of practice." He teased.

(Y/n) turned to face him and lightly shoved his shoulder and they both laughed lightly.

Jack turned to face her as well, and caressed her cheek. "I love you (Y/n). You know that right?" He asked seriously.

(Y/n) looked a little confused, but nodded. "Yes, of course. Are you alright?"

Jack nodded. "Course. Just thought I'd reassure you, in case you're feeling insecure about the hundreds of women who would love to be with me." He tried to play it off with a joke and a smile, but (Y/n) could tell it was fake.

"Jack, I can tell you're lying. What happened?"

Jack let out a deep sigh, and pulled her closer to him by the waist. "It's really nothing darling. Beckett just got to me a little."

"Beckett? What did that bastard tell you?"

Jack hesitated for a moment, before finally telling her. "He mentioned that if I traded you to him, he would give you a better life, and a husband, and all that overrated nonsense."

(Y/n) nodded her head in understanding. "Jack, you know that's not what I want right?"

"Course I know. Why would you want to settle for those boring stuck up men in frilly wigs, and those hideous dresses when you already have the attention of the famous Captain Jack Sparrow, as well as though lovely see through white shirts? By the way, I think you should stop wearing the vest it's not very flattering." Jack told her.

(Y/n) couldn't help but smile. "You are so full of yourself."

"Well so were y—."

(Y/n) cut him off before he could finish that sentence. "Out! Out! Get out! Go...command your ship or something!" She pointed to the door, trying to hide her embarrassment.

Jack smirked at her now red face. He thought she looked cute when he made her flustered.

He mockingly bowed. "As the lady wishes."

He got up from the bed and got dressed. Once he was done, he bent down and kissed (Y/n)'s lips.

"Get some sleep, love. I know how tired you must be." He smirked.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes but didn't deny it. "Go away."

Jack raised his hands up defensively showing her that he was leaving. But once (Y/n) dropped her guard, Jack snuck a peek under the covers again.

"Jack!" (Y/n) snatched the blanket back. "Stop doing that!"

"Be less attractive!" He retorted childishly, as he ran out of the room.