Chapter 10: Shipwreck Cove

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

"Look alive and keep a weather eye! Not for naught it's called Shipwreck Island. Where lies Shipwreck Cove and the town of Shipwreck." Gibbs announced.

"I think you've made your point Gibbs." (Y/n) joked as she approached him and Jack.

"You heard him, step lively!" Pintel yelled.

"You know, for all that pirates are clever clogs, we are unimaginative when it comes to naming things." Jack pointed out.

"Aye." Gibbs agreed.

"I once sailed with a geezer who lost both of his arms and part of his eye." He told Gibbs.

"What did you call him?"

"Larry."

Jack turned away from Gibbs and walked up the steps.

...

"I do not renege on a bargain once struck. But we agreed on ends only. The means are mine to decide." Barbossa told Tia with a smirk.

Tia grabbed Barbossa's arm as he reached up to touch her. "Caution Barbossa. Do not forget it was by my power you return from de dead."

Barbossa's hand began to crumble and it turned back into a skeleton.

"Or what it mean if you fail me." Tia warned.

She tossed Barbossa's arm aside, and went to storm away, but Barbossa grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

"Don't you forget why you had to bring me back." He hissed. "Why I could not leave Jack to his well-deserved fate. It took nine pirate lords to bind you...Calypso."

Tia glared at him.

"And it'll take no less than nine to set you free. Masters Pintel and Ragetti."

Pintel and Ragetti rushed over to Barbossa.

"Take this fishwife to the brig." He ordered.

"Right this way, Mrs. Fish." Pintel tried to grab her arm but Tia shook him off and started walking towards the brig herself.

Leaving Barbossa alone, looking at his hand.

...

Jack stood at the back of the ship, watching Tia Dalma descend the stairs to walk to the brig, questioning what was going on.

(Y/n) came up to him and looped her arm with his, drawing his attention to her.

"Hello love." Jack smiled, gently kissing her in greeting.

"Hello. What are you thinking about?"

Jack thought for a moment, and removed his arm from hers to take both of her hands in his. "You like having me as your Captain, right?"

(Y/n) was a little taken aback by this question, but nodded. "Jack, I stopped being a pirate for ten years when I thought you were dead. You're the only Captain I want to sail under."