1.2

If it was one thing Priscilla hated, it was being embarrassed and being on the butt-end of someone's joke.

Just for reference, I'm going to bring you guys back to the summer before junior year.

It was a couple of days before my mom had decided to send me to rehab, the final day of classes. A tradition at our high school was a bonfire to kick off summer vacation. Everyone from each grade was invited to come, freshmen usually opting out.

I had just turned sixteen, Priscilla being fifteen at the time, but more mature than any of us at that age.

Okay, I can admit, I'd be on some shit that night.

My dad had just died a couple of months before, so it was probably the darkest time in my life.

Earlier that day, while Priscilla and I were shopping for a new top for her, we met us with some seniors.

We obviously lied to these girls about our actual ages, and they were kind enough to bless us that night with a ride.

Priscilla, being who she naturally was, made a silent agreement to babysit me that night.

She forfeited her drinking privileges, making sure I got home safe and didn't end up in the ocean.

So, let's fast forward.

A couple of Mike's Hard, half a Xanax and three hits of a joint later, the most clear memory I have from that night was sitting at one of the bonfires.

I was surrounded by our usual group of friends, Priscilla and I sharing one of those cheap beach chairs.

Priscilla sat on top of my lap, her legs sprawled out over mine, probably so I wouldn't have the eager to get up and wander.

Harry, a boy we had known since elementary school, slapped his hands against his thighs.

As he stood up, he grabbed his bottle from the sand, taking a final sip before chucking it.

"Aight, I'm officially bored," he announced, obnoxiously drunk, "I vote that we just get it out of the way now, and play a round of truth or dare."

Bebe cheered, throwing her small fists up in the air. "I'm down with that!"

"-Except," Harry interrupted her cheers, "if the person, for whatever reason, refused to answer the question or act out the dare,"

He groaned as he reached over to the cooler, lifting one of the cans of beer from the ice, "they have to chug a 40."

"Alright," "I'm game," the rest of the group began to get excited, sitting up on the edge of their chairs.

Amongst the group of sophomores, juniors and seniors, was Fezco.

He had dropped out earlier that year, during the winter break period, to have more time to care for his grandmother and work.

Quitting school wasn't an easy decision for Fez, but considering CPS began making monthly visits to their house due to his absences, he figured that would be the easier solution than to waste anyone's time.