1.7

As Leslie began to collect Rue so that she was well enough to be transported to the hospital, Gia and Priscilla got her belongings together.

"Do you think she'll need anything else? How long is she going to be gone for?"

Priscilla asked the freshman, who quickly shoved whatever she could fit into Rue's bookbag.

"I don't know," Gia's voice was monotone, tired of reliving this, "Last time they told us three days, and it turned into three months."

Priscilla began to collect Rue's hairbrush off of the floor, realizing that she would probably want to use her own products instead of what is in the hospital.

The girl pushed herself off of her knees, wiping her jeans, "I'm going to grab her stuff from the bathroom real quick."

As Priscilla made her way down the hall, she could barely get the door open, with how much shit had been on the floor. She tried her best to rummage through the mess, collecting all of Rue's hair and body products. She grabbed all of Rue's favorite clothing items and sneakers, carrying them under her armpit.

Priscilla closed the light behind her, grabbing Rue's toothbrush from the sink, shoving it into her backpocket.

"I shouldn't have said anything," Elliot's voice could be heard from the kitchen. Priscilla paused, slowly walking down the hallway as the two continued talking.

She couldn't even believe that they were here after everything that had went down because of them.

Yes, Leslie did deserve to know that her daughter had relapsed, but definitely not this way. Not going into her daughter's bedroom and finding an entire suitcase of drugs, that weren't exactly meant for her to use.

Of course the selling was just as bad, but now without the product, Priscilla couldn't even begin to think of solutions for Rue's situation with Laurie.

"I liked Rue the way she was," the blonde shrugged as he stood up from the couch, "And this sh¡t was never my place."

In another room, Priscilla could overhear Leslie and Rue's conversation.

"I feel like I'm going crazy, Mom. I feel like I'm going crazy."

"Look, I wanna take you to the ER, okay?"

"Okay, okay."

"Okay. They can-"

"No. I'm sorry, Mom."

"They can help you detox, okay?"

"Mom, I'm sorry for what I said. I am. Please, forgive me."

"I don't care about that, Rue."

"I'm sorry. I just miss Dad."

"Me too, baby, me too."

"I miss him a lot."

"I know. Me too."

As Rue's cries became louder, Jules emerged from around the corner of the hallway. Even though the two had had their falling out, the girl was still worried for Rue's condition.

Rue's breath began to shutter as she got a glimpse of Jules, "Oh, God."

The regret and embarrassment soon washed over the anger and hate. Priscilla quickly went down the hallway, grabbing onto Jules' forearm, forcing her into the entryway.

"Listen," Priscilla looked between Elliot and Jules, "we're going to be taking her to the hospital so-"

"Does this mean she's checking in?" Elliot interrupted the girl, causing her eyebrow to twitch.

"This means she's going to get fucking help. So, you two aren't needed anymore."

"We didn't mean-we didn't mean for any of that shit to happen," Jules explained, Priscilla not understanding why she was trying to defend herself.

"It was going to happen one way or another," Priscilla opened the front door, passively urging the two to leave, "You just took it upon yourself to speed up the process."

"Would you have said anything?"

Priscilla scoffed, looking behind her before stepping onto the front step. "You know what, fuck you. You're forgetting that a huge percentage of this is somewhat your fault, so don't you even try to question me."

A couple of minutes later, the remaining four piled themselves into Leslie's truck and were on their way to the emergency room. Priscilla decided to take the seat in the back after Gia expressed that she doesn't want to be close to Rue right now.

Priscilla kept her hand tightly wrapped around Rue's, trying to soothe her nerves during the car ride.

Rue's arm sticking out of the window, like she usual did, beginning to ramble on.

"You wanna know the truth?" Rue chuckled to herself, "I relapsed as soon as I got out of rehab."

Leslie took in a deep breath, holding up her hand to Rue, "Let's not...think about that right now, okay? Let's just get you back into rehab."

Rue sat up in her seat, tucking her arm back into the car and onto her lap, "Wait, what, what the fuck are you talking about, Mom? I thought you said we were going to the ER."

"Yeah, baby, it's the same thing," Leslie tried to reassure Rue.

"No, it's not the same fucking thing, Mom."

As the two continued to bicker back and forth, Priscilla could feel her eyes becoming heavier and heavier. She soon began to drown out the voices and the smooth sound of Leslie'z driving. Her eyes began to flutter shut as her head hung, leaned against the window.

As she started to fall into slumber, the abrupt sounds of screaming and the car door slamming quickly shook the girl awake.

"Rue, get back in the car!"

Priscilla's head shot up to see Rue exiting the moving car, practically throwing herself out to open traffic. The three sat, frozen in panic. The passing cars began to honk furiously, cursing and yelling at the young girl as she looked around.

Her eyes seemed so scared and helpless.

Priscilla couldn't wrap her head around why Rue was doing this to herself, to her family.

Priscilla opened the backseat door, wide enough before snatching her arm back in as the car flying by honked at them.

"We have to let her go, Gia," Leslie shook her head, her fingers tightly gripping the leather steering wheel.

hey guys, this is my first update after angus' passing. sending my love and condolences to everyone who was a fan of him, as person, not just a character. he had a lot of struggles and inner demons, which everyone grieves differently. we all didn't know him personally but he seemed like such a sweet soul. rest in paradise.