~Chapter 17~Gold~

It's been about a week or so since you know what. 

We are out digging when I look over to Stanley and he is holding something shinny? "What you got there Yelnats?" I say jumping out of my hole and walking over to his as the group of boys start to look at us. "Uhh I don't now Y/n" he says handing me the gold tube looking thing. I turn it towards the sun as I feel it get grabbed out of my fingers quickly by of course X-Ray. "Really I was looking at that!" I hear standing up as he just chuckled at my anger over the small thing. 

I went back to my hole and started to dig once again as I can hear the boys question the gold tube and asking each other what it can be. I knew what it was it was an old fancy lipstick tube It had KB on the side with a heart around the letters. I knew who that tub of lipstick belonged to I was not stupid Kissin Kate Barlow. I have seen posters and new paper pieces and sheets hanging in the Warden's cabin when I go to take a shower there and ask for women stuff. 

"What do you think it is?" X-Ray said out loud and I had enough of them asking the same question for the 100th time. "it's a lip stick tube." I said as the boys turned their heads towards me and gave me a weird look as X-ray rolled his eyes at me. "Yea right how would you know?" I jumped out of my hole and walked up to him as he stood up towering a little over me and smirking. "Because I know what an old lip stick tube looks like." I say grabbing the tube from his hands and looking at it once again but more closely. 

      ~Time skip to the next day~

We were all digging in the hot sun, it was hotter than normal I think it is a very bad heat front going through that is why. But the only thing I know is if Mr.P does not come with the water quick I am going to pass out.

Finally, I heard the old dirty blue pickup truck drive up. YES! I jumped out of my hole and ran to the line. "Someone is in a hurry!" Ziggy said stopping me as I ran by him trying to get to my spot in line. My spot was not in the way back more so the middle. I was behind squid, and in front of magnet. I don't know how I got to this place in line, all I know is that magnet was been here way longer than I have so I don't really know why I am here, but I am really happy because I get colder water.

I got my water and toke a long but quick drink of my water and walked back to my hole.

(I know it's really fucking short, and I am really sorry I really am I have updated my other story a lot and have been really struggling with mental health right now so I will try my hardest to work more on this story.)