The start

Tanjiro's POV

The world was spinning. My head was aching. I had gone to collect some coal and was coming back. I stopped dead in my tracks. I smelt blood!. More specifically I smelt my family's blood. My eyes swelled up with tears. I dropped my basket and ran towards the scent. A horrifying scene was set before me. My family was slaughtered! Their blood was spilt all over the snow. I tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth. I came to my senses when my tears hit my hands.

"NO!" I cried.

This cannot be happening.

I was so consumed by grief that I did not hear the footsteps behind me.

"My poor, poor child. So , so weak." A cold voice said behind me.

I whipped around. I saw a man all prim and proper. He wore a white suit and his white cape fluttered behind him.

"D-D-D-Did you d-do th-this?" I managed to choke out.

"Yes, but I can fix it." he told me and kneeled before me.

His eyes were red and his pupils were slits. "

Do you want to become more powerful and make sure this doesn't happen again?" he asked.

"Yes!" I said.

"Let me make you a demon, just like your sister here." the man told me.

I just nodded. He raised his hand and his finger entered my head. It hurt but I didn't flinch. The pain felt pleasant. He looked surprised that I didn't cry. That's when it hit. I felt a surge of power. I yelped in pain. My eyes turned a deeper red and my pupils turned into slits. My veins popped out and my fangs were bearing. Before I knew it I was fully transformed.

"Come." The man told me.

I picked Nezuko up and walked behind the man.

"Father, where are we going?" I asked.

The man whipped around, looking angry and surprised at the same time.

"I am lord Muzan! And you will address me as that!" he bellowed, but I didn't flinch.

" Now that you gave us your blood we are your children." I calmly retorted. Muzan was surprised to hear me, but he said nothing.

Muzan's POV

This child! He called me father. What is this feeling in my heart?

My heart feels so light and my stomach is full of butterflies. After a tense silence between us I broke through it and said,

"Child, we are going to my base camp. You'll train there." the boy looked slightly happy and surprised at the same time.

"What is your sister's and your name?" I questioned. "I am Tanjiro Kamado, and my sister in Nezuko Kamado." the child answered.

I was never a father. I had never been one. Tanjiro addressed me as father, my heart is still beating fast.

What's different about this boy? His aura seems to have grown really strong. He feels stronger than all the twelve Kizuki