Escape

Tanjiro's POV

Gosh I never thought it would hurt so much just getting up. Wincing and writhing in pain I pulled myself out of the chair.

"Where do you think you're going, Tanjiro?" A cold shiver ran down my spine.

"Nowhere father." I replied.

I was met with a stone cold glare. Shit I made a mistake. It had been three months and seven days since Muzan had used a serum on me. It made me weak and brought excruciating pain to my body. A small tiny mistake I made would bring me intense pain. All the demons were aware that my father was doing something to me but they never figured it out. I still remember the conversation with Douma and Akaza.

"You're sure he isn't hurting you?" Douma asked, his voice laden with concern.

"Douma, why are you so sappy about this, it's not like Muzan abuses us." Akaza said.

Suddenly his eyes widened and he looked back and forth between me and Douma. He opened his mouth to speak but stopped and looked at Douma.

"No, I'm just concerned as to why Tanjiro looks so pale. Are you not eating enough?" Douma spoke again.

It was rare that Douma ever showed emotion and I didn't know the reason why. But he still cared for me and Akaza.

"I promise you, if anything goes wrong I'll tell you guys" I said waving the matter off with a grin.

"If you say so." Douma reluctantly answered.

I left their chambers waving

Funny, it was just this morning that we discussed that Lord Muzan Kibitsuji doesn't abuse us. Yet here he is, looking down at me with a whip in his hands. Every fucking mistake I do is an excuse for him to vent out all the anger he feels on all of the 12 moons. Nezuko is completely unaware of this as I never spoke to her about it. The last thing I want is for my sister to go through the same hell as me.

.

.

.

It's been three hours and he still has not had enough has he?

"You know Tanjiro, I don't think it's a great idea. Bitching about your lord I mean." Muzan nonchalantly explains.

I flinch in terror, how could I forget that fath-No Muzan has the ability to hack into my mind.

"I think I have to teach you another lesson." he says, coming up to me with a vial of bright green liquid.

"No! Anything but that!" The pleas are out of my mouth before I can stop them.

Muzan sadistically grins at me. Now I have given him another reason to use that liquid on me. He uses it when I have been increasingly 'bad'. Whenever I heal Douma of his injuries I get subdued into having the vile liquid pumped into my veins. And it hurts so fucking much. I lose the ability to think, to process anything due to the searing pain. I scream as the needle pierces my already torn skin. I was silenced when a stinging pain landed on my cheek.

"You, a pathetic whore-like demon, could overpower ME!?" Muzan shouted, anger clearly evident in his voice.

I silently wept, trying my best to make sure Muzan didn't see the tears. I don't know what the liquid does to my body but it is the epitome of torture. I scream and writhe, wince and hiss in pain till I am sure that my voice is non-existent. Muzan leaves me there, his parting gift a kick to my ribs. I close my eyes, pain and darkness flooding my senses, and before I know it I've cried myself to sleep.

A loud booming voice fills my head

"Wake up you heavy warthog!" I blink the tears out of my eyes to be greeted by the sight of the other 'Tanjiro'.

I got to know that he is my human consciousness and he wants me to call him Shindo. Shindo looks exactly like me, just with longer hair. I tackle the long haired person into a hug and cry even though my eyes can't hold anymore tears.

"Let it all out." He told me.

After I have thoroughly ruined Shindo's Haori with my tears, we both get up. We start walking towards a house. It's clear we're in a city by the blaring lights in the dark alleyways. It's a long time before either one of us decides to speak.

"You know, I kinda came up with a plan...." Shindo starts off.

"But?" I asked knowing that there is a twist.

Shindo winced before replying

"I won't be able to talk to you after my part is finished" He said, pinching the back of his neck.

It felt like the whole world stopped before me, no I can't lose Shindo, he is basically me.

"If we succeed, you will be rid of Muzan's control over your brain," he told me.

"And if we don't?" I questioned. No reply. I huff and continue speaking,

"So, what's the plan?" I ask

"Well, I can prevent Muzan from knowing where you are and stop his control over you for a few days. Within those days you have to escape the infinity castle and get to that hospital..." Shindo tells me pointing to a hospital in the distance.

"What's in there?" I ask. Shindo chuckled.

"You already know."

And with that I wake up. I can sense that the plan is already in motion, so I flee the experimentation area and run to my house. I find my knife and bury it in my pocket. I ran out of the house and started searching for Nezuko. I found her picking flowers by the lake, she looked up at me startled.

"Nezuko, no time to explain but we have to go NOW." I hurriedly spoke.

I concentrated on my blood demon art and successfully cut off her communication with Muzan. Nezuko didn't question anything and followed me. I picked her up and placed her in a wooden box, similar to the kind that the Hashiras put us in. This will make travelling much faster.

I start running to the woods.

"Oneechan, where are we going?" Nezuko asked from inside the box.

"We're going to meet someone." I reply

"Who?"

"We're going to Tokyo to meet Lady Tamayo"