Dreams

Giyuu's POV

It feels like I'm floating. Floating in clear black nothingness. Why does it feel so good? Maybe this is a nightmare, that's normal. But maybe I just have to enjoy this dream while it lasts.

"Yuu?"

Ah! Sabito, so this is a nightmare. The one where Sabito dies in front of me. But I'll go along with it, there's always some joy before my dreams turn into night terrors.

"Yuu, oh my god it's you!" I finally see Sabito's grey eyes, those eyes mean so much to me. They made me feel safe when I was scared, and they showed me love when I felt self-conscious.

"Sabi." I choke out. I run toward his figure and embrace him. These are the only times I get to see him. In my nightmares, just before the demon kills him. I will take whatever time I have with him, even if he is just a figment of my dreams.

"Yuu, this is not a dream." Sabito's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

"What do you mean? This is a dream Sabito. Any second now I'm going to lose you again, let's enjoy the time we have together before that happens." I say, tears pricking my eyes.

Sabito looks at me with pity. He takes my hand and leads me into a portal of white light. I look through and see a younger version of me and Sabito playing.

"Yuu, come here!" The younger Sabito says, trying to catch me.

"No way!" The younger me replies.

The younger versions of us continue to chase each other. Then Sabito trips and falls, the younger me tries to reach out but falls as well, we land in a position where I am pinning Sabito to the ground.

Oh, wait, I remember this, this was the first time me and Sabito kissed. And as if on point, the younger me leaned into Sabi's warmth and kissed him. The memory started to swirl and we were transported a year into the future.

"Sabito, do you believe in soulmates?" The younger me questioned.

"Nah, I believe that we can love whoever we want to." Sabito answered, giving the younger me a wink.

"Well that's where I was wrong." The memory disappeared and in it's place the real Sabito stood.

"Soulmates are real, very much real, and you and I were soulmates." He continues.

I teared up.

"Did I lose mine too?" I asked disbelievingly. Sabito smiled at me.

"Each individual has a soulmate in life and a soulmate in death." He says.

"You, Giyuu, were my soulmate while I lived." He continues.

"You can only end up with one soulmate, either when you're dead or when you're alive. Thankfully, I've met both of mine." He tells me.

"But you're both my soulmates!" I scream.

Sabito tsked.

"I have to survive with Makomo, she's the soulmate I end up with. But you, your other soulmate, is still alive. Giyuu, you've already met them, we both did." Sabito tells me.

"When?" I choke out.

Sabito waves his hand, and we're transported to another memory.

A little boy, around the age of ten is walking by, he's carrying a bundle of coal that's way too big for him. He stumbles and falls to the cold ground. Me and Sabito were walking to the town when we saw this.

"Hey, need help?" Sabito asks the boy

"Oh, no thankyou." The boy replies.

The boy has burgundy hair and deep red eyes and a scar on his forehead.

"It's no trouble, we'll help you." I say

The boy looks at both me and Sabito and nods.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"T...jiro Ka...do"

The voice is distorted but the pieces fall into place. I gasp and clutch my heart. Sabito looks at me.

"Go get him Tiger." Is all I hear before I'm wide awake.

I gasp as I bolt up in bed, the dream having a very peculiar effect on me.

Great, I have a demon as my soulmate.

Tanjiro Kamado