I am my own person

Tanjiro POV

We are executing our plan today. I know today's the best time as I can feel Shindo starting to come back to me. It's around 3 in the afternoon, the sun is at its peak. This is the time of the entire day that Muzan's powers are the weakest.

"Are you ready?" I hear a gentle voice ask.

I turn around to meet the gaze of Lady Tamayo. She's holding up a vial of blue liquid. It looks like the colour of the ocean. Looks yummy.

Where'd that come from?

"Yes lady Tamayo. I'm ready." I assure.

She leads me to a bed lined with velvet. It's funny that it looks so beautiful, considering the fact that this could be my deathbed. I lie down on the silken blankets, feeling the softness boring into my bones. Nezuko is sitting beside me, she gently takes a hold of my hand and gives it a light squeeze. I smile at her. It's nice knowing that someone is with you while you are going to have the most scary mental battle of your life. Out of the corner of my eye, I see lady Tamayo come up to me with her vial of blue stuff.

"Drink it." She gestures

I take the vial and swallow it in one go.

Four words for you

It. Tastes. Like. Shit.

I swallow the gruesome substance, trying hard not to gag. I settle back down after the nausea wears off. I feel my eyelids start to droop, signalling that I'm about to fall unconscious.

The last thing I hear before the darkness consumes me is my sister telling me to 'be alright'.

BLACK

That's all I see. Has the elixir taken effect or am I already dead?

"Tanjiro!"

I turn around to see Shindo. He looks like he's been in a war. His face is shallow and his cheekbones are barging out of his skin. He looks like a wreck. I catch him as he stumbles up to me. Gasping he speaks,

"Thank god you came, I wouldn't be able to hold him out much longer."

"I'll take it from here." I tell him as I gently put his body in a recovery position.

I look towards the end of the void and I see him, as clear as day.

Muzan Kibitsuji

My so-called father.

"Come to papa again?" He teases.

I grit my teeth, how I just want to smack that grin off his face.

"No, in fact I'm here to kill you" I reply

"How are you going to do that? Don't you remember the fun little punishments I used to give you?"

" If you mean those vials of green liquid that made me feel like I was being incarcerated from the inside, then yes, I do remember."

"Yes, so if you don't come back now, those punishments will become more severe" Muzan's grin was now gone, in its place a fearful scowl was plastered.

I use my powers, blood, fire, thought control. I use pain to keep me from being blown away by the demon king's powers. No way in hell am I going down in my own mind.

"Onee-chan!" I turned around.

Hanako, Kie, Shigeru, Takeo and Rokuta were all standing there. Takeo was helping Shindo stand up. They all raised their hands and a sudden blast of light temporarily blinded me.

I felt refreshed.

"They were- no- ARE my family" I spoke

Muzan looked at me like I had sprouted another head.

"And you will PAY for what you did to them" I seethed.

There was an unfamiliar emotion in Muzans eyes, fear. Good, he knows who's boss.

I raise my hand, a similar gesture to what my family did. And the blast of light causes Muzan to disintegrate with a screeching wail.

"I am my own person. You're not my boss, you never were and you never will be" I spat while Muzan turned to dust. I see limelight above me and allow the white to consume me whole.