Vodka Never Disappoints

It's funny how alcohol can either ruin your relationship or take it into an unexpected course. It's amusing how Yeonjun allowed a single glass of alcohol change his relationship with his best friend since forever, Soobin.

Yeonjun have known Soobin since he was still using diapers, crawling on floors and sucking off pacifiers. They grew up together, played house and built legos together, went to elementary then middle until high school together and now attending university together. They are inseparable.

Their parents were business partners and close friends so they were raised to be really good friends and god knows how perfect they are together, how much they complement each other's personalities. In every moment, one never seems to be complete without the other.

Yeonjun himself doesn't know when this weird tingling inside of him started to shake his heart or swirl around his stomach every time he is with the younger but he could feel it with every single contact they make. He was confused for a long time about what the strange emotion could be and when it finally dawned on him, he's nothing but a nervous wreck. He has a crush on his best friend Choi Soobin.

But he couldn't get himself to tell the latter that for fear that it will ruin the knit tight friendship they've built. He's scared and he can't stand the thought of ever losing Soobin, the person who makes him feel the happiest. So he would rather swallow all these growing feelings and savor the time he gets to spend with his best friend every day. But that doesn't mean the feeling ever went away.

Yeonjun still held on to the hope that the younger somehow felt a little something for him too that stems from the shy glances, awestruck stares and rosy cheeks he's caught the latter with from time to time. The small hope was enough for him to feel contented with his undying feelings.

Yet the slight spark of hope did not last and was soon blown out, leaving him in a rather dark place.

His best friend is getting engaged.

Aside from his family, Soobin told the news to Yeonjun first, that his parents set him up with a girl whose family are very famous in the food industry, owning one of the biggest chain restaurant in all of Korea. Soobin is an aspiring chef so his parents thought it was a good idea for him to be introduced to the industry through the girl and get a head start in his dreams.

Soobin told Yeonjun how he wasn't sure about the idea, that he didn't felt the same way, and asked Yeonjun for what he should do. The question was something Yeonjun had desperately wished the latter didn't ask because he was afraid something selfish would slip off his tongue, that he'd accidentally curse the girl out loud for taking Soobin away, that he'd mutter out loud about how he had always secretly bore feelings for the younger. Finally what came out was "give it a try" which he was very thankful towards himself for.

Soobin went out on one date then another with the girl and Yeonjun was left to ponder over his own feelings alone. This is for Soobin's future and dreams, if it's for the better of the younger's days, he'd sacrifice anything and everything.

Yeonjun haven't seen his best friend in a week, since when have it been this long since they last saw each other. They were always together. Yeonjun sigh as he stepped into the party hall that is hosted by Soobin's parents to honor the collaboration between Soobin's and the girl's family and to announce the two's arranged future plans.

Currently the emotionally distressed boy is leaning onto a standing table at the corner of the room, deep in his thoughts until someone's fingers gently fall onto his waist, the touch sent a zap of lightning thundering inside his chest.

He turned to face the dimpled smile of the owner of the hand. His pretty, handsome and adorable best friend came into view.

"Junnie hyung, I haven't seen you since forever, I missed you." Soobin said, throwing his head back in exaggeration and then chuckling.