6- farewell?

Those were Seungmin's last words for the day. Changbin and him left Felix and you, promising to return later that night to collect you since Hyunjin would still be occupied until then.

You didn't exchange a single word with Felix, locking yourself in the bedroom and attempting to find solace in sleep. It took some time, but eventually, exhaustion claimed you, if only temporarily. Upon waking, you mechanically went through the motions of eating, still avoiding any meaningful interaction with Felix.

Felix on his side was worried about you, but he knew that you would need your time. And he respected that. Still, he made sure that you'd eat and would be fine.

Right when you came out of the shower- which you decided to take since you did not really had anything to do- Seungmin arrived, ready to pick you up.

And here you sat now. On the passengers seat in Seungmins car, gazing out into the darkened sky.

Your thoughts were a jumbled mess, torn between conflicting emotions. Should you rush to Hyunjin and embrace him, relieved that he was unharmed? Or should you confront him, unleash your fury for his years of deception?

As the time went by, neither option seemed viable. Seungmin's warning about Hyunjin's anger echoed in your mind. Hugging or punching him might only worsen the situation, especially considering he was a gang member.

But why did he have the right to be angry? He'd betrayed you, kept you in the dark for years. How could he possibly justify his anger?

The indignation simmered within you, fueling your anger with each passing moment.

"You good? You look like you're going to murder someone- or well, Hyunjin, haha...", Seungmin mocked from his seat.

What the fuck?

Did he just say that?!

"Watch out or else you'll be my first victim", you retorted sharply.

It wasn't your finest comeback, but your anger made your tongue slip.

Seungmin on the other hand just smirked at your response.

"I would love to see you try but I sadly have to tell you that we're here", he said and gestured outside.

We're already there?!, you really did not notice anything while drowning in your thoughts.

Panic gripped you. What would you say to Hyunjin? How could you face him?

Seungmin seemed to sense your turmoil and glanced at you.

"Just a tip: maybe don't yell at him. He sounded pretty pissed on the phone."

Here we go again.

But why did he have the right to be angry? God, he had no right to.

"Well, yes, but I suppose he wanted to shield you from all this. Gang business is dangerous, and now you're knee-deep in it. But Hyunjin is Hyunjin and that man has a complicated ass"."

You hadn't realized you were thinking aloud until Seungmin responded, flooding you with embarrassment. Still, his remark about Hyunjin's dramatic tendencies elicited a smirk from you.

Seungmin checked his watch.

"Let's go."

Inhaling deep for one last time, you opened the car door and looked around.

It was an ordinary cityscape, bustling with traffic and people. Even the hotel seemed unremarkable, albeit undoubtedly expensive.

What had you expected? An abandoned warehouse with shattered windows? Anything but this, surely.

Without dwelling on it further, Seungmin led the way, bypassing the reception and heading straight for the elevator. He punched the button for the 9th floor, and when you arrived, he halted in front of room 402.

You waited for him to knock, but instead, he handed you a key card.

"I'll leave you two. You know the options – death, involvement in the gang, or some misguided attempt at heroism that might get you both killed," he stated matter-of-factly, as if discussing the weather.

"But enough talk. Best of luck to you. See you in a few days, or... farewell, y/n. It was a pleasure meeting you," he added, waving with an evil smirk on his face before disappearing into the elevator.

You were left speechless. Did he just...

With your mouth agape, you watched until the elevator doors closed, then turned your attention back to the door.

Should you run?

No, that would be foolish. They were a gang; they'd catch you before you could even take a step out of the hotel.

But now what? You had an idea.

Hyunjin was your boyfriend. And despite everything that happened, you still loved him and he loved you. It was the only truth you clutched on to, and you sincerely hoped it would work.

So maybe you'd talk. Express your feelings, ask why he'd kept this from you, assure him you'd stand by him.

Calm, collected, and rational.

With that decision made, you unlocked the door.

Stepping into the suite, you were taken aback. High ceilings, spacious rooms, an opulent living area to your left, and a lavish bathroom to your right.

But what caught your eye was the figure seated on the bed.

Hyunjin sat with his back to you, gazing out the window.

Nerves churned within you, but you clung to your plan.

As you opened your mouth to speak, you froze.

A gun lay on the table beside him.

And as if sensing your presence, Hyunjin turned to look at you.

Your plan crumbled in an instant.

The look in his eyes, the emotions swirling within them... you knew immediately.

You were in danger.