25- confrontation

Hyunjins hand wrapped around your neck and started to add pressure. He was chocking you.

"I- I realized m-my mistake. I know what I did... j-just", his voice started to shake, "I don't deserve to live for what I did to you. I was about to kill my better half and now... I-it's only fair if you get to do it too"

"I will think about it. I need time Hyunjin, just... give me some space, ok?"

Well. Seemed like now was the time to finally sort it out.

Were you ready? No, not at all. Still, a part of you wanted to finally talk everything out with him.

Felix seemed to notice your insecure state, since he gave you a questioning look, asking if you'd be fine with it.

After you nodded, he went slightly in front of you, looking at Hyunjin.

That was when you turned around and finally made eye contact with him. He tried to force a smile on his face, but he definitely couldn't handle his broken state. But with seconds passing looking at each other, you could clearly feel a tension growing. Even Felix noticed that.

"Minho is looking for you", Felix interrupted your both's little moment.

"I know". Hyunjin said and as soon as he looked at Felix, not only his voice, but also his eyes suddenly got cold, „if you're here to take me with you again, then I'm not going"

„That's not why I'm here", Felix answered, his voice now getting slightly cold too.

„Then tell me why"

„Because he cares for you, Hyunjin", you stepped in.

Hyunjin's gaze was diverted to you and his eyes immediately got softer.

Felix seemed to get the hint, since he looked at Hyunjin one last time before he turned around to you, again giving you a questioning look. When you nodded, he took a step back and looked at the both of you.

„I think you two need to talk"

Hyunjin looked at him and nodded and so did you.

„We'll come back at that", Felix said in Hyunjin's direction, before he finally let you two alone in the alley.

A few awkward silence seconds passed before Hyunjin cleared his throat and spoke up.

„I know it wasn't that long but... have you thought about it all?"

„Of course I did", you mumbled.

„So?", he raised an eyebrow, somehow being the complete opposite as in the bar.

„There's one thing I don't understand", you looked down when you continued, „what made you think that I was the spy?! It has been just a few days since I found out about that whole gang thing, so wouldn't I be the last one to suspect?!"

You heard Hyunjin sigh before he leaned against the house wall across from you.

„We knew Jaemin was the spy. But we also knew that it wasn't only him but also one more of our gang, so we were forced to play along. Most of us thought it was Mikyeong, but Chan and I didn't really believe that. Instead, as soon as you arrived, Chan kept on suspecting you. Of course I told him over and over that it couldn't be possible at all, but he kept on asking why you forgave me that quickly and agreed to come to our mansion with me. I kept on defending you, until-", he cut off and sighed.

You looked up at him to see that he now looked down himself.

"Until you met Jaemin"

"But Hyunjin I told you about him. You saw it yourself how shocked I was, I-"

"I didn't mean that", he cut you off.

"What I meant was...", he suddenly seemed to look quite uncomfortable, "When Seungmin told you to wait in front of the door during our meeting... Chan noticed you eavesdropping and you could imagine how that affected his opinion. So we got into a fight and I stormed out and wanted to talk to you. When I wasn't able to find you, I walked to the sea and saw you with... Jaemin"

As soon as you heard what he said, the blood in your veins froze. You immediately got flashbacks of the night.

Both of you smiled at each other before Jaemins eyes looked at you with a hint of concern.

And as much as you were still mad at him, you couldn't help but to surprise him with a hug. Which he returned.

"Hyunjin-"

"I listened to quite everything. You know... I just felt so jealous and heartbroken I couldn't help it. I got back to the dorm and told Felix and Chan. And when you lied to Felix... I was so in rage and then Chan said the right things and... god Y/n", he said and he ran his hand through his hair before he looked up.

You, on the other hand, stood there, hit in the heart by what you just found out.

It was basically my fault.

"Y/n", he softly said, pulling you out of your shocked state.

"There's something else", he said and took a step closer to you, "I know that you were shocked by my behaviour. But being in a gang... and thinking you were... with Jaemin... my anger took over me. You just never saw me like this because I kept on hiding that side of me. I promise. I never wanted you to see me like this cause... you were my world and I didn't want to lose you"

"I know", you whispered, not really being able to say anything else. But you knew he was honest. And he was deadly serious. If you would say one wrong word now, everything would be over between the two of you... or not.

Hyunjin noticed your struggle, but he seemed to get it right. He walked up to you, causing you to take a few steps back until your back hit the wall.

When he was only one step away, you were able to see the look in his eyes. And the deep sadness was washed away. No, this time something else was in it.

"H-Hyunjin, I...", you took a breath, overthinking your answer one last time, "it's ok. I know"

Hyunjin's eyes lit up and then filled with the same look from a few seconds before.

"Oh I already thought you'd say that cause after all...", he closed the distance between the two of you and trapped you between his arms, his face coming closer to you inch by inch, as you could feel your heart racing.

"... You're still my wife, after all"