13- reunited and divided

The air in the hallway felt charged with tension, each breath you took tinged with uncertainty. Three simple words hung between you and Jaemin like a delicate thread, a question that echoed in the recesses of your already agitated mind.

Can... we... talk?

The weight of those words settled on your shoulders, each syllable heavy with unspoken meaning. It took a moment for their significance to register, a flicker of realization sparking in the depths of your thoughts.

Can we... talk?

Your heart raced as the implications of Jaemin's request dawned on you, the sudden clarity of understanding flooding your senses, quickening the pace of your heartbeat.

Can we talk?

Fuck, he wants to talk!, you finally realized.

"Um... um..."

You stumbled over your response, the weight of the moment pressing down on you like a leaden cloak. But despite your hesitation, a small voice in the back of your mind urged you to take a chance, to see where this conversation might lead. Maybe, after all, a tiny part of you wanted to listen to his explanation. Maybe a tiny part of you still remembered how much he once meant to you.

Great, Y/n, just great. Sarcasm laced your inner words, a defense mechanism against the uncertainty that threatened to engulf you.

But why not? Why not entertain the notion of dialogue amidst the chaos that had become your reality? After all, the day couldn't possibly get any worse... or could it?

As Jaemin stood before you, a silent sentinel in the hallway, memories of your friendship flickered to life like an old film reel. You more clearly remembered the days when you were inseparable, when the world was a playground and the future stretched out before you like an endless horizon.

He was your best friend.

The words echoed in your mind, a bittersweet reminder of the bond you once shared. Despite the pain of betrayal that still lingered between you, a part of you longed for the comfort of familiarity, for the easy camaraderie that had once defined your relationship.

"Yeah... sure."

Your response was hesitant, but beneath the surface, a flicker of hope danced in your chest. Perhaps this conversation would bring clarity, a chance to bridge the gap that had formed between you and Jaemin.

"Follow me then.", he said and walked down the long hallway, opening one of the doors on the left side, stepping in.But you were hesitant to follow his action. Yes, you once trusted him with your life and yes, you knew that he wouldn't do anything to harm you. Still, there was a gut feeling that kept you from entering. 

"Don't worry I won't bite you... I prefer shooting hahaha", he joked over his shoulder. 

 Ha. Ha. Ha. Exactly the right thing to gain my trust.

Somehow your facial expression seemed to mirror your thoughts, causing Jaemin to sigh and turn around to you.

"I know you don't trust me... anymore... and you have no reason to do so but I just want you to know... I would never do something to you"

You sighed heavily. Deep down, you knew that. And moreover, you could still scream for help, if he started something weird, right? On top of that, the entire situation was so weird that you simply didn't care anymore.

So you shrugged your shoulders and entered. Jaemin guided you into his room, sitting on his bed while he pointed to his couch for you to sit down. He seemed to understand that you didn't want to sit close to him.