Chpt 8: The Spider and The Cat

[A/N: Hey everyone, Baryon here with a small announcement. Did you guys see the new across the spider verse trailer that dropped? Man that shit was fire! I can't wait to see how this one goes. Man June 2 couldn't get here soon enough man. Anyway in other news, there are some surprises to come in the next upcoming chapters of this book, so look out. Hope you guys have a good day and happy reading!]

After the trip at KTU, Y/n and Maxine had become good friends. Once the pair got back to school, the two exchanged numbers so they can talk from time to time. As Y/n arrived home, he bumped into Issei who looked like he was distracted by something.

Y/n: Hey Issei, you okay??

Issei: Huh? Oh yeah! Just going think of something Matsuda told me.

Issei gives Y/n a smile, but Y/n can see past him.

Y/n: Sure.....

Issei: Yeah.

As Issei heads up to his room, Miki comes out the kitchen and gives Y/n a hug.

Miki: Hey Y/n, how was your trip?

Y/n: It was good. I made a new friend today.

Miki: Really? Does this friend happen to be a girl?

Y/n: Aunt Miki!

Miki: What! Your a young teenage boy and your at that age when girls are on your mind.

Issei:*from upstairs*The only girl on his mind is Sona~!

Y/n: No she's not!

Miki: Oh~! Who's Sona? Is she your girlfriend?

Y/n: Aunt Miki please.

Issei:*from upstairs*She's the school student council president! And Y/n and her hang out almost all the time! The two even went out for a night on the town!

Y/n: Issei! Shut your mouth before I glue it shut!

Miki: Y/n, I know you like this girl, but having children is a big step I don't think your ready for.

Y/n:*blushes*C..C...Children?! Aunt Miki be for real! Sona's just a real close friend of mine, that's all!

Miki: It's okay Y/n. It's okay to like the girl, just use protection 'kay hun?

Y/n: Oh my god! I'm going to my room!

Miki: What? I don't want to worry about raising a kid and going to school.

Y/n: Goodnight Aunt Miki!

Y/n slams his door shut and flops on his bed and groans in his pillow. Pulling his phone out, he opens it and begins to check his messages to see if anyone had sent him anything. As he's checking, he sees his police scanner go off and goes to turn it up.

Scanner: All units, we've got another cat related robbery down of seven and fifth. I repeat, we've got another cat related robbery down on seven and fifth.

Y/n:(Sounds like Black Cat. It's been a while since I've seen her.)

Going over to his closest, he pulls out a small case and takes out his costume. Jumping out his window, Y/n begins to make his way into town.

-Short TimeSkip-
Perched over the edge of a building, Y/n watches for any suspicious activity. As time begins to go on, Y/n begins to do stuff to pass the time. From playing Tetris on his phone, to do some exercises, to trying to create a formula for web fluid just in case his organic webbing stopped working.

As he lays down on the edge bored, he catches something in the corner of his eye.

Y/n: Finally, something good.