Chpt 9: Loss of A Friend

Sitting in Dr. Comber's science class, Y/n sat at his table alongside his partner and friend Maxine. Ever since the trip to KTU, they two have become good friends, with Y/n checking up on Maxine from time to time.

Maxine: So Y/n, I heard that you were friends with Rias.

Y/n: Hmm? Well I would say friends, more like acquaintances.

Maxine: What makes you say that?

Y/n: Well, I'm sure your aware that Issei Hyoudou is my cousin.

Maxine: Yeah, I've heard girls talk about it.

Y/n: Well, Issei is part of the Occult Research Club. And because he is in said club, he spends most his time with Rias and the other members. And because he does other people think that I'm friends with Rias, even though I've only met her like once or twice.

Maxine: Oh ok.

Y/n: Why do you ask?

Maxine: Huh? Oh no reason at all, just call me curious.

Maxine gives Y/n an awkward smile and the two go back to working on their project. However Maxine did have a reason for asking Y/n.

~Flashback~
Walking through the halls, Maxine can be seen carrying some books in her hands. As she walks past a classroom, she's quickly pulled in. As she falls onto the floor, she looks up to see her three bullies.

Stephanie: Hey nerd, long time no see.

Maxine: Stephanie? What do you want?

Tiffanie: Hey Steph asks the questions, not you!

Bethanie: Yeah, she asks the questions!

Stephanie: So you've gotten close to Y/n Huh?

Maxine: What does it matter?

Stephanie: Oh it matters a lot. You see I'm one of the most popular girls in this school. I'm the star cheerleader, , I'm have perfect grades thanks to some other nerd, and I'm super hot. The only thing I'm missing to complete my popularity is being friends with Rias Gremory. But I can never seem to find her.

Maxine: But what does this have to do with me?

Stephanie: I'm getting to that. You ever hear of Issei Hyoudou?

Maxine: What girl hasn't heard of him. He's always going around making inappropriate comments about girls and watch them in their underwear.

Stephanie: Well it turns out perv boy is close with Rias. Which kind of pisses me off to be honest. I mean how does someone so high up on the social hierarchy take interest in someone so low. Anyway, turns out Issei has a cousin, the same guy your hanging out with, Y/n L/n.

Maxine: Y/n?

Stephanie: Yep, so how about we make a deal Kay? If you can get Y/n to come to my party later this weekend along with some other information about Rias, then the girls and I will leave you alone.

Maxine: You will?

Stephanie: Yes, but only if you agree to the deal.

Maxine: Do you really mean it?

Stephanie: Of course,*light chuckles*Im a girl of my word.

Maxine hesitates for a moment. Should she take the deal. I mean it will finally get Stephanie and her friends off her back, but at the same time, she didn't want to betray Y/n. He was her first friend and she really liked him. She didn't want to lose that. With the choices running through her mind, she finally comes up with an answer.

Maxine: I...I'll do it.

Stephanie: Good girl! Remember, get him to my party or we'll have to resort to other means.