Chapter eight

I woke up with a pounding head ache and sore muscles. My eyes slowly and painfully fluttered open to see a canvas ceiling. I slowly sat up when I spotted someone standing in the door way of.....a tent?

"Noble?" I squinted my eyes wondering if that was really Nobel. The man swung around on his heels looking at me.

"Your awake" he almost run up to my side of the cot. He cupped my hands in his as he bent down next to me.

"What happened?" I asked quietly. My voice just above a whisper.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Noble asked forgetting all about my question. I paused and started to think. What was the last thing I remember?

"I passed out after falling off that bull. You where there!" I pointed to him excited that I had remembered. He smiled at me while he nodded his head.

"Yeah you did" Nobel rubbed his thumb over my hands before his eyes darted back up to mine.

"Felt nice to have you in my arms. Even though it was for a few panicked seconds" we both laughed at the end.

"Uh...did they find out about....You know" I tugged at my hair. Nobel shook his head.

"No another cowboy got a real bad injury after you. I took care of ya while the doc took care of the actually injured boy" I let out a sigh of relief. I really hadn't thought that I would get hurt bad enough to get taken care of by the PBR doctor. I guess that would lead to my secret being discovered.

"Thanks Nobel" I smiled at him. He smiled back before he stood up stretching out his arms.

"I think it's time to head home sweet heart" I raised an eyebrow at him as I stood up off the bed. I took a stumble step towards him but then got my feet back under me.

"What's that look for?" Nobel grabbed my arms stopping me from hitting the floor.

"When did I become sweetheart?" I looked up at him while his arms tightened around my waist bring my body closer to his.

I took in sweat and leather smell. It smelled amazing and it only made it better when I looked up into the hazel eyes of that wonderful smelling man. I mentally slapped myself for even thinking of Nobel like that.

"Why can't I call you that?" A smirk replaced his smile.

"Becouse that's not my name" I gave him back a playful smirk.

"No but every cowboy can use a sweetheart" I raised my eyebrow up at him again.

There it was. Every cowgirl wants a bullrider and every bullrider wants a cowgirl. I slipped out of Nobel's arms. I walked up to the tent's opening and looked over my shoulder at Noble. He looked questionably at me.

"What if I wanted to change the story? What if I don't want to follow the rules?" I smirked before I left the tent. Leaving Nobel in the dust I headed back to my truck.