Chapter thirteen

I killed the engine out in the middle of the woods. Not wasting a second I opened up the door. As soon as Nobel met me out of the truck I took his hand in mine and started off into the woods.

My eyes concentrated on the forest floor. My mind was swimming as I felt the unmistakable tingles running up my arm from mine and Nobel's hands. My heart picked up in pase at the thought of always having his hand in mine. But I quickly shook that away. Just friends. Nothing more but nothing less.

We finally reached it. I stopped in my tracks with Nobel's hand still in mine. Neither one of us dared to separate our hands. Our fingers intwined with each other. Fitting like two missing puzzle pieces.

I smiled at the river bed. All around us was woods. A small trail that I had just ran was an old deer trail. It lead all the way from the road to this little spot. A small clearing perfect for fishing or camping right on the local river. Even though it was already around midnight the stars and moon's reflection lit up the night sky like city lights. Everything was so beautiful.

I felt Nobel release my hand only to have his arm snake around my waist. I didn't protest but instead lean into his chest when he pulled me closer. My head rested on his upper arm since he was that much taller then me.

All the worries. All the stress. Everything. From the littlest annoying detail to the biggest issue in the world. It all melted away. Leaving just me and Nobel at a river bank. Just the crickets chirping, the frogs croaking, and our breathing. The song of the midnight woods.

"So this is your safe haven?" Nobel asked being the first one to break the silence.

"One of them" I shrugged it off before slipping out of Nobel's grasp. I sat down on the grassy bank. I watched the water flow by. The wind's finger tips brushing up against the water creating a ripple effect. I let out a sigh.

"I shouldn't have blown up on you like I did. I'm sorry Nobel" I mumbled. I felt a pair of eyes land on me before he sat down.

He sighed before taking my hand once again in his. I looked up to met his beautiful eyes. They were swimming with all different emotions. It was so hard to just fish out one.

"Let's just forget about that. It's in the past" his eyes moved from mine back to the water. I watched him as his breathing became calmer. His muscles relaxed a bit more and his black eye didn't look so bad in the dark.

"We can't forget the past. The past makes us or breaks us. We can either be bitter about it or better. You can either be a victor or a victim. Why try to forget?" I didn't fully understand where all that came from but I just had to say it.

I wanted to understand Nobel's pain. I wanted to help. I wanted to be closer to him. But they where all wants. Wants that I probably would never see. They were wants that someone else would need to help me have. That someone being Nobel.

His eyes shot back up to mine. His hand that never let go of mine loosened in its grip before giving it a small squeeze. His eyes clouded up with all the emotions again. His shoulders slouched a little and his whole body tensed.

"Some past is worth forgetting" was his simple repile.

"Nobel" my voice came out soft. His eyes barely meeting mine.

"The past helps us connect with people. The past evently can be healed. We all have scars. Embrace your scars Nobel. It's all you can really do" I gently moved my hand up and down his arm. His eyes watched my hand before he glanced back up at me.

"But it hurts" he barely choked out.

His eyes where getting misty now. Out of habit I brought him into a hug. His body forming perfectly with mine. His head rested in the crest of my neck. His arms tightened around my waist. Slowly I was pulled onto his lap. I didn't protest at all.

I knew inside he was hurting. Just like I had been a few years back. I knew a broken person when I saw one. Even when they smiled perfectly fine. From one broken to the other it wasn't that hard to spot a fellow pain member.

"How long ago did your brother past away?" My question made Nobel tense up. I know it was blunt. I know it was a pain full question. I know! But before your scars heal first they need to be sometimes reopened.

"Two years back" Nobel mumbled into my neck.

Goosebumps formed on my neck and arms as Nobel's hot breath met my skin. I took in a deep breath. Regaining my posture I slowly moved back from Nobel. Still sitting in his lap we starred into eachother's eyes.

"I lost my sister three years back" a lump formed in my throat. Very very few people knew about the death of my sister.

It was so hard to look in the mirror these days. Everyone always said we looked so simarler. Both of us had light blond hair and dark hazel eyes. Our body structure was similar in ways but different in most. I always ended up gaining weight faster then her. My sister (Meg) had a different personality then me too. She had always been more of a girly girl. Dresses where her thing. Hairstyles came easy to her and flirting was absolutely natural for her. Me? Well I'm sure you already get the jifes that am more one of the boys then anything.

Nobel's eyes boiled into mine. Panic seemed to seep into his hazel eyes.

"I...I... I didn't know you had a sister" he shuttered. I watched his demeanor change. He probably thought he was being selfish for feeling bad. But really he wasn't being selfish at all. I just wanted to help.

"Not many people that meet me know either" I shrugged my shoulders. Nobel carefully watched me. I tried to 're swallow the lump in my throat. It slowly moved down my throat.

"So we're kinda in the same boat huh?" I sat quietly next to Nobel. I nodded my head.

"Everyone deals with pain differently. We might not understand completely but we understand enough" my eyes met his again. He glanced down at his hands. His fingers moved around with each other nervously.

I knew we had hit a touchy subject. Both of us were realizing that our hidden stories where now slowly unravelling. The stories were like a ball of yarn. They were spinning undone and there was no stopping it intill the ball has become a straight line of yarn. And the stories had just began to unravel.